58.

The girls watched them walk away and sit down at their table a few feet to the left of them.

Kaycee buried her face in her hands and started breathing heavy. That's when Tahani and Bailey knew she was gonna have a panic attack.

Bailey slid into the seat next to Kaycee and hid her from the rest of the restaurant, knowing she wouldn't wanna be exposed like that.

Her breathing was increasing and her tears were flowing at this point.

Bailey: "shhh kayc, it's okay, shhhh"

Kaycee: "n-no...s-Sean is g-gonna h-hate me..."

she sobbed loud enough for the few people around them to turn and glance, making sure she was okay with just a simple look.

Bailey: "no kayc he won't, it was not your fault...you did everything right in that situation, he would he so proud of you"

She couldn't answer she was in a state of pure panic because she had no inkling of what just happened.

Kaycee: "h-he was worried a-bout something l-l-like this happening"

Tahani: "but you had no idea that it would K, he won't be mad I promise, let's go home okay, we'll wait at your house until Sean comes back."

Kaycee nodded and shakily followed them out, not even finishing their fondue, but leaving more than enough cash on the table.

They drove home, playing songs that she'd danced to so she could focus on remembering the choreography rather than panicking.

Bailey: "almost there kayc"

Tahani: "did you text Sean?"

Kaycee: "no...I d-dont want him t-t-to worry"

Bailey: "are you sure?"

Kaycee: "yeah I'm f-fine"

They nodded and kept driving until they pulled in her driveway.

Kylie and Devon were off at college and her parents were away at work, so it was just the three of them there.

Once they got inside, they swaddled kaycee on the couch making sure she knew that it was gonna be okay and that they were there for her, but nobody was ever able to stop her panic attacks except for her mom,Kylie, and Sean.

...
An hour passed and it was around 7:00, kaycee was still crying, her tears haven't slowed since.

They heard the door creek open and a familiar voice filled the air.

Sean: "kayc?"

She let out a sigh of relief when she saw him walk into the living room, but he was the opposite. He rushed over to her and bent down on his knees so they were eye level.

Sean: "bub...oh my god..."

She just cried, and he lifted her up like a koala and she attached to him, just letting it all out.

Bailey and Tahani couldn't help but melt at how cute they were.

Bailey: "hey, we're uh...we're gonna go, we just wanted to make sure you had her"

Sean: "thank you guys so much"

They nodded and left quietly, glad that she was in good hands.

Sean swayed her back and forth, as she continued to breathe in his scent, calming herself down.

Sean: "I'm here baby, I'm here"

Once he noticed her breathing was normal, he kept holding her, but sat them down on the couch.

He rubbed up and down her back, making sure she was calm until she was able to lift her head and meet his eyes.

He rubbed his thumb along her cheek, making the tears disappear with a single swipe.

Sean: "you gonna tell me what's wrong?"

She nodded, gaining her composure fully.

Kaycee: "shopping was really fun, I got some stuff to try on for you later"

Sean: "I can't wait babe"

Kaycee: "but uh...when we were at dinner this boy slid in the booth next to me, his name was like...mark or Matthew or...miles, it was miles"

Sean: "and?"

Kaycee: "he put his arm around me and he kept touching me and asking for my number...he called me baby, and it made me feel so gross."

Sean: "what the fuck"

She hated his language, but she knew it was appropriate, so she let it slide.

Kaycee: "I shoved him out of the seat and told him I had a boyfriend, and I told him to leave me the fuck alone."

Sean: "you...kaycee rice...said fuck?"

She blushed and looked down at their intertwined hands.

Kaycee: "I was angry"

Sean: "I'm so proud of you"

She let out a sigh of relief

Kaycee: "I was worried you'd be mad"

Sean: "never bubba, he would've gotten his face beat in if I was there, but it's not your fault that your so beautiful"

She smiled and kissed his cheek.

Kaycee: "I'm sorry"

Sean: "you don't need to apologize, I'm just glad you handled it well in the moment. You did the right thing"

Kaycee: "I wanted you so bad when it happened"

He felt defeated at that comment, guilty that he wasn't there.

Sean: "and I feel like a douche for not being there"

Kaycee: "no, we agreed to go have fun today, I'm just glad you're not mad at me"

Sean: "I never would be babe, I wanna meet this miles kid because he's gonna get fucked up"

Kaycee: "no it's not worth your time"

He ran his hands up her side and smiled at her, keeping their eyes locked on each other's.

Sean: "we've gotta leave for Jakes class, you think you're ready?"

Kaycee: "now that I have you, yes"

He brushed their lips together and lifted her off of him as they made their way to the car and to Millenium.