chapter four

Harry slumped back in his seat as memories resurfaced and overloaded him.

"HE- IS- NOT- DEAD! SIRIUS!"

Tears filled his eyes at the memory of his only father-figure falling through the veil.

Every bad memory he could have ever thought of overflowed through his eyes and sobs wracked through him.

"Hermione..." he said through his tears. "Turn it off."

"I'm sorry, Harry, but only the caster of the spell can turn it back!" she said, her eyes widening in anguish as she stared at her friend falling apart. She turned to Malfoy in anger. "Turn it back right now, you foul-

"No, I think I'll enjoy this for a little longer," Malfoy said, snickering,

Harry glared at Malfoy through his tears. His voice shook as he turned to Malfoy. "You g-git!"

He watched as Malfoy laughed at his misery, and had never felt more hatred towards the blonde boy than he did in that moment.

But Malfoy didn't know... he didn't know what the spell entailed.

"Boys," said Professor Flitwick suddenly. "Oh my, Harry, are you alright?"

"I DON'T CARE ANYMORE!"

"You care so much you feel as though you'll bleed to death with the pain of it."

"I DON'T!"

"Oh, yes, you do. You have now lost your mother, your father, and the closest thing to a parent you have ever known. Of course, you care."

"Harry?" Flitwick asked, but Harry couldn't respond through the tears. "What spell did you use, Draco?"

"Tristatus..." Malfoy replied, trailing off unsuredly.

Flitwick immediately took out his own wand and pointed it to Harry. "Felicio!"

The tears stopped, and an almost tranquil feeling filled Harry. The memories that had been echoing in his head shut down slowly and moved to a much more distant place in the back of his head.

"That spell isn't on the list," Hermione said slowly, looking over the parchment to check, watching as her friend sunk into his seat in a dream-like haze.

"You're quite right, Miss Granger!" Flitwick squeaked. He then lowered his voice. "Sometimes the spell can affect some more than others, much like a Dementor, or a Boggart."

"So?" Hermione pressed on.

"So, it takes a much more powerful spell to balance it out," Flitwick said, turning to Malfoy. "I'll trust you to be able to help him to the hospital wing, Draco? Tell Madame Pomfrey he had a bit of an episode after a Tristatus spell, she'll understand."

Reluctantly, the blonde boy nodded and gingerly slung one of Harry's arms around his shoulders, using one of his own to wrap around Harry's waist as he lifted the brunet out of his seat and dragged him out the door and towards the Hospital Wing.

DRARRY DRARRY DRARRY

For the third time in a row, Harry found himself waking up in a Hospital Wing bed, although this time it was not with Malfoy's arms around him, but with his head resting on his lap while he was a sat on a chair beside him, snoring lightly.

"Malfoy," Harry nudged him, a blush creeping up his neck. "Malfoy, wake up."

The blond's eyes slid open, and he sat up, his disheveled hair hanging like a curtain over his eyes, which widened slightly as he remembered the events of an hour prior.

"Potter," he said, his voice holding a strange tone. "How are you feeling?"

"Tired," Harry murmured, stretching his arms and yawning. He was so exhausted, and he had a pounding headache.

Harry remembered the way he had been taken under by the crude memories of the past, of losing Sirius. The grief that had ripped through him had left a wound that had been unable to heal to this day.

"What happened?" Harry asked groggily. "How long have I been asleep?"

"You've been asleep for an hour or two, give or take," Malfoy said thoughtfully, watching as the brunet boy rubbed his eyes blearily. "I fell asleep somewhere in between, too, waiting for you to wake up."

"Harry!" Madame Pomfrey, rushed out of her office, carrying a dark vial, which she handed to him cautiously. "This is a potion for your headache, they get to tend those after the Felicios spell."

Harry took it in his hands carefully before downing it in one go, frowning at the bitter taste. His headache was clearly starting to recede though, so he thanked her.

"It's quite alright," she said. Pomfrey turned to Draco, looking pitiful at his disheveled state. "If you'd like, I can spell the bed a bit bigger so you can fit on there, too. You look exhausted."

Malfoy blushed scarlet. "I'm quite alright, thank you."

She just shook her head, smiling fondly. "Alright. I'll be back in an hour to check on you, Potter."

Harry groaned as he realised this probably meant another night in the hospital wing.

***

vote, comment and give me all the love i'm so sorely deprived of... uhmmm

you know what i think i might actually need some of that felicios iygwim

anywaysss message me if you want my discord and some hot drarry recs i've literally nothing to do