9

May awoke to the familiar feeling of George's arms. She was cuddled into his chest while his arms wrapped around her lazily. His deep breaths were calming and the sheets were tangled up around them like a piece of art.

She smiled softly when she remembered the night before.

His hot breath against her skin.

His lips mingling with hers in desperation.

She touched her lips and felt that usual tingling sensation that came along with him. She could tell that he was still fast asleep, and it being Sunday he didn't have to open the shop so she let him sleep.

She slowly unwrapped his arms and left the bed, immediately causing shivers to erupt across her bare skin. She took George's jumper that was laying on a chair and pulled it on. She giggled at how large it was on her, easily passing her waist and engulfing her arms entirely. The smell of him almost making her melt.

While cleaning up the mess they had made the night before, careful not to wake George, she came across his desk situated at the other side of the room and one name stood out to her among a bunch of letters.

Fred.

She looked at the sleeping boy over her shoulder and bit her lip. She was curious. She always had been.

She quietly shuffled through the letters and found tons of them, probably one written everyday for a year. All addressed to Fred. She picked out one randomly and read through it.

Dear Fred,

It's so hard without you here. I'm struggling. I haven't smiled or laughed since that day. The day you left me.

I'm sorry Freddie. I'm so, so sorry. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to say goodbye or say I love you one last time. Fred, I love you.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

I can't do this without you. I don't know how to live. I keep thinking that I hear you, or when something good finally does happen I always look over my shoulder for you, but you're never there.

There were stains on the parchment and May knew they were from his tears. Her heart was heavy and her throat tightened as she ached for George. She knew what that felt like, and she hated that he had to go through it.

She picked out another one, praying it would be better than the last.

Dear Fred,

Mum called me by your name today.

I couldn't help it Fred. I broke down. And I know it's not her fault, that it was only an accident, and I wasn't angry with her, but I just couldn't take it anymore.

That was the first time I cried in front of them since the battle. I think they were all expecting it.

Everyday I expect you to bust through the door and exclaim that it was all one big prank. But you never do.

It's hurts, Freddie.

May couldn't possibly take it anymore. Tears were welling in her eyes and she was covering her mouth so that her heavy breaths wouldn't wake up the writer.

She was just about to set them down and try to forget about them when she came across her name in one. Curiousity once again got the best of her.

Dear Fred,

I met this girl.

You would've loved her. I know it.

Her name is May and she is possibly the most beautiful girl I've ever laid eyes on. And she smiles all the bloody time. And her laughter is so contagious that it hurts not to join in.