2.14

"Four surgeries, four fatalities, and the day has barely started

"Four surgeries, four fatalities, and the day has barely started. Can I have a bite of that?" George turned to Cristina.

"No. You're in my apartment, you don't get to be in my food." She complained.

"Dr. Burke gave me a protein bar this morning."

"He packs his lunch for him, did I mention."

"Well, I think it's sweet." The short girl said. Things we're still a bit weird between George and Helena but they were starting to get back to their friendship.

"I talked to the morgue guy..." Izzie informed, biting an apple.

"The one with the unibrow?" Meredith asked.

"The one with the teeth thing. He said that surgical fatalities come in threes and sevens. Says there'll be three more before midnight." To blond finished.

"Well, then. Since teeth morgue guy said so..." Cristina joked.

"He's the morgue guy. He knows things about death." Izzie explained.

Helena shrugged as she tied back her hair. "We'll see, I guess."

Suddenly, Bailey entered the locker room. "Come on."

"Where?" Meredith questioned.

"ER."

"All of us?" Helena scrunched her nose up in confusion.

"We've all had deaths, let's all go save a life."

——

"Great. No blood, no guts, no lives to say..." Cristina complained in the OR. "It's dead quiet."

"Huh, did you really just say that?" Bailey asked, slightly mad.

"Cristina!" Izzie complained.

"You said the q word. It's like saying McBeth in the theatre." George explained.

"Please..." Cristina scoffed.

"Last time I heard someone say it, a man came in with a bomb inside of him." Helena reasoned. "Don't question it, just accept it."

"You think just cause someone says it's quiet, that..."

Suddenly, a woman came into the ER, holding someone else. "Somebody please help us here. She's coughing up blood."

After that, Izzie and Alex's pagers went off and they both rushed off. In the background, an ambulance was heard as a nurse called out. "Two incoming."

Helena looked at her friend in an I-told-you-so manner, as they and Meredith rushed to the ambulances.

"Yang and Campos, first is yours. Grey, take number two."

"Jesse Fannon, 32, unrestrained driver in a rear end collision." The paramedic informed them. "There was spider webbing at the front windshield where his head hit. BP is 125, pulse 75."