Chap 49 - Respect Beyond Words

Rudra's POV

When I saw Yash carrying wifey in his arms I panicked. Yash made her lie down on the bed and my senses were gone numb. I saw Moni picking up my phone and I let her do. The realization hit me that she was not well from the morning, I should have been more careful but I failed. I quickly sat on the bed and started rubbing wifey's palm. And Moni started sprinkling water drops on wifey's eyes. 

Slowly wifey opened her eyes and I release my breath which I was holding on to. She tried to sit straight but a glare from me was enough for her. Even Dr. Zoya was here she told us to leave the room, but I was not ready. Moni stood up from the bed and pulled me out along with her and Yash and in no time Dadaji too join us. We were waiting for the door to open. 

After nearly 20mins the door open and we quickly rush in. I saw Zoya was smiling at me while sitting next to wifey and she was sitting with her straight legs and quilt covered till her waist and head back to the headboard. I asked her, "Zoya tell me how is wifey, is there any serious matter?" by standing near the edge of our bed along with Dadaji."

Zoya smiled at me and said, "first promise me Rudra you will gift me a BMW then only I will tell you how your wifey is." I almost yelled at her "what rubbish is this Zoya, here I'm worried about her health and you want a car. Are you out of your senses?" She smiled at me with a teasing one and I never knew what was going on in her head. She quickly holds Moni's hand and made her sit beside her and whispered something in Moni's ear and the smiled on Moni's face was worth watching. 

She too turned towards me and said, "I want an Audi car bhai." and now I was losing my patients with them. I said "speak up you both that how is her health?" and moved a step forward to hold their arms with anger but Dadaji quickly holds me back by my arm. Dadaji told me, "Rudra see their mischievous smile it means there is nothing to worry about just go with the flow." I closed my eyes and took a deep breath to calm myself and then open my eyes and saw them. 

They were still grinning ear to ear and giggle god knows for what. I finally accepted, "ok I will give you the car you wish for as a gift but please tell me what has happened to her." And finally, Moni and Zoya both screamed together in excitement "Congratulations you are going to be a Father.

 My entire body became numb. It was like I lost all my senses my brain took some time to take this news. I was brought of this shock by Dadaji as he hugged me in a bone-crushing hug and wishing me congratulations along with happy tears in his eyes.

I quickly look towards wifey and saw her one hand was on her stomach and a single tear roll down her eye. Her tear was like a stab in my heart. I knew the circumstances we had in Manali and now her being pregnant I was not able to meet her eyes but still, I was looking at her every move. 

Her smile was not reaching her eyes. Moni and Zoya both hug her and then Yash hug and wish me congratulations. Moni said, "it was the best day of her life. She will never forget her this birthday one because of the engagement announcement and the second because of the good news of becoming an aunt." After having all fun and chatting and teasing all of them left the room. 

 I sat down on the bed near wifey and hold her hand to talk but before I could start Moni came back into my room and sat on the bed. She quickly unlocked her phone and called someone keeping her phone on speaker.

After two rings we heard a husky voice, "hello"

But before I could or Hetal could say something Moni started her drama. 

"Bhai Moni here." And I could easily say that he might have got up with a jolt. "What happened Moni is everything already is my sister alright." Abhi bhai asked.