Chapter 52 | "just stay alive"

"worthless piece of shit" Johnny scoffs out, striking Jihyun again.

She was tied up on the floor of a small, dark room somewhere in Bangtan's massive fortress. Her wrist and ankles were bound tightly with chains, digging into her skin and no doubt leaving marks. She was shivering uncontrollably, her body was full of dark bruises, blood dripping from cuts that littered her arms, legs, and back. She had a gash on her head and red marks covered her face.

She coughed out more blood, taking yet another hit to the head as Johnny laughed at her, the others in the room joining along.

"Some leader of NCT you are? The fearless, unbeatable Jang Jihyun now tied up and shivering at my disposal." he spat out, grabbing her chin before slapping her. "lets go, Bangtan wants a word with her." Johnny stood up and walked out of the room, Doyoung and Taeil following behind him, slamming the door shut.

Jihyun let out a sigh after the hours of beatings, wincing as she tried to sit up, her wounds sending pain shooting all across her body. She pushed herself to rest against the cold wall, wiping away a single tear as she closed her eyes.

Shortly after, the door opened again to reveal the seven members of Bangtan looking at her.

"What do you want?" she groaned out.

"We'll be the ones asking the questions here." Namjoon replied, cocking an eyebrow at her, motioning Jungkook to go over to her.

He grabbed her by the arm, dragging her forward and tossing her onto the ground in the middle of the room, the restraints pulling on her wrists and causing her to let out a hiss of pain.

"not so scary now, are you?" Jungkook smirks at her, going back to stand with the others.

"So, when is your precious gang coming to save you? Or have they already moved on with a leader who can actually try and protect them?" Namjoon said with a laugh. Jihyun remained silent, staring at the ground as he walked up and harshly kicked her in the side. "pathetic is what you are."

"Why are you doing this? What's in it for you?" she questioned quietly, trying to ignore the throbbing in her abdomen.

"Isn't it obvious? Do you really think your brother is so stupid to think that your little mafia would just bow down to him as the new heir? no. Bangtan and NCT will become a legendary alliance. Our job is simple, make whatever is left of your mafia obey Johnny, or wipe them out." He smiled at her as he noticed her stiffen up.

"You could never."

"Oh, but we could sweetheart, and we will. Don't worry, I'm sure you'll see your precious friends soon, when you're all rotting in hell together." Namjoon kicked her again in the face, knocking her backwards and causing more blood to pour from her nose.

He laughed with his members, turning around and walking out of the room. Jihyun couldn't even move, the pain overwhelming her body as she curled up on the cold floor. She tried to remain strong but at the mention of her members, she broke down, silently crying in a mix of fear and agony.

A few minutes later the door opened again, Jihyun flinching harshly at the sound of the lock opening.

"Come back to beat me again already? Can't you at least let my blood dry first?" she said sarcastically, the pain evident in her voice but refusing to show defeat. When she got no response she slowly turned to look at the door, trying to ignore the ache in her body.

"Jimin? What are you doing?" she asked cautiously, seeing the boy standing in the entrance.

His facial expression was cold as he turned to look behind him before closing the door. He walked over to her quickly as she braced herself, but the beating never came.

Instead he gently grasped her arm and helped her sit up, positioning her against the wall and handing her a bottle of water. She took it gratefully, still confused by his actions, but grateful none the less.

"Why are you being nice to me?" she said between labored breaths, painfully swallowing the water he gave her.

"I might be a part of Bangtan, but what they're doing isn't right." He replied softly, squatting down next to her. "Even if we're not in the same gang, I have a lot of respect for you and I know that you don't deserve this." He looks at her with a pitiful glance.

"Thank you, Jimin." she breathes out, unsure of what to say. He hums in response.

"I know your boys must be coming for you, don't think that I'm too dumb to guess that much." he says, eyeing her carefully. She nervously shifts away from him slightly. "I'm not going to hurt you, like I said, I don't like this." she nodded slowly, slightly relaxing her shoulders and staring at him.

"I know a war is coming, and I will stay loyal to my team, but getting you back to NCT alive means less people killed. I want to help you."

"How?"

"They're planning on killing you, as you're aware, all you can do is stall and hope that your boys arrive in time and with enough backup. I'll do my best to keep them at bay, I cannot betray my gang, not that I could get you out of here on my own anyway, but I'll do whatever I can." he stands, picking up the water bottle and walking back towards the door.

"Jimin!" she calls out, causing him to turn to look at her again, "thank you. I mean it." a slight smile pulls at his lips as he dips he head to her.

"Just stay alive." and with that he leave the room, locking the door shut again.

- - -

"Ten!" He stops what he was doing, turning his head to look for who called his name.

"Yes Taeyong?"

"We're leaving, is everyone ready?" Taeyong stood in the doorway to Ten's computer room, currently filled with members of all of their allied gangs rapidly typing into computers and doing mic checks.

Ten glanced around the room, getting nods of approval and thumbs up from all of the other hackers.

"All good. Stay safe and bring her back home." Taeyong nodded his head, the pair sharing a determined glance before he headed to the main room, seeing all of the other members there.

"Ok everyone listen up!" A silence fell over the room as everyone turned to look at him. "It's time to move, we'll go over final assignments once everyone arrives at the meeting location. Let's go."

They all stood up and made their way to the four black vans in their parking lot. All of the members were suited up, vests on with their knives and guns locked into their holsters, their earpieces secured as Ten secured their connection.

- - -

"I should kill you right now." Johnny growled at the girl in front of him. It was the following morning and she was woken up with a lashing from her brother, long red marks scoring down her back.

"And what fun would that be?" She spat back, blood dripping from her lips. "When will you ever get to torment me like this, huh? Might as well relish in the opportunity."

He punched her straight in the face, her head hitting the wall with a loud crack.

"Don't tell me what to do, you piece of shit." He kicked her again, a snapping noise echoing around the room as she felt searing pain on her left side.

He continued to beat her for hours, dislocating her jaw and breaking more ribs. He ended his hour of torture with a kick to her ankle, the sound resonating throughout the small room and she cried out in pain.

He left the room, followed by his minions. Jihyun curled up, unable to handle the pure agony she felt. She closed her eyes, praying that her members would arrive soon. Taking labored breaths, she saw her vision turning dark and soon she blacked out.

———
This pained me to write but best boy Jimin.