Chapter 34

The last day of school for this week has arrived and I'm as always enthusiastic. The thought though that had me grinning the last days is our date. I'll finally go on a date with Corbyn and I cannot believe it.

I walk down the hallway as students run around me, the sound of lockers being thrown open and shut, along with the usual chatter travels to my ears. After reaching my locker in the middle of our huge, and bustled with students, corridor, my phone vibrates in my pocket. I pull it out before placing it in my ear.

"Hello,"

"Hello Amelia, I'm sorry for canceling our appointment the other day but it was necessary. Would you be able to come today?" Her voice echoes in my ears as I catch a familiar figure in my peripheral vision. I glance in the side looking my charming angel come to me, locking his eyes to mine. A grin finds its way to my lips but I'm broken out of my daydream gruffly.

"It has to me today due to the load of work we have," she explains but the thought of missing Corbyn's game doesn't thrill me.

His forehead creases in concern as she keeps talking and I'm left debating.

"Okay," I agree being persuaded by her final argument. A week earlier of freedom.

"See you later sweetheart," she exclaims and ends the call.

I lean my forehead in Corbyn's chest inhaling his scent.

"Hey, you are you okay?" he asks softly as he wounds his arms around my waist. The low and delicate tone of his voice makes me squeeze into him. I hide my head in the crook of his shoulder, relishing the moment.

He doesn't say anything as his hands caress my back in a comforting way. I glance up to see thoughtful and troubled eyes and press my lips in his.

"I have to go to the Social Service today which means I'll miss your game,"

He nods as if he's thinking but the guilt doesn't settle well with me.

"I'm sorry,"

"It' okay, we'll have plenty more coming up. You have to make it up to me though," he adds staring down at me. For the first time, I notice that the irises of his eyes are even darker blue than the rest and it's absolutely outstanding.

"You'll come to the party afterward." I nod and a grin stretches across his fabulous face.

Before I leave the house in order to start my long walk toward the building of the Social Service, a voice halts me.

My uncle appears in my vision with a grin on his face and my heart starts fluttering at the possibility that he has found the solution I was wishing for.

I enter his office after him and get seated.

"I looked it up and I found something. The lawyer your father had back in Chicago had instructions if something like that happened to your parents. For starters, the house is passed to you as well as some other properties that were written on both of your father's and mother's names. You are their only inherit so all of them are now yours." he explains as I keep peering at his brown eyes with interest. My heart is beating fast waiting to hear the big news that will pretty much define my future.

"Now for the matter of hand, you could sell the properties or your house as you were suggested if your father hadn't done what he did," my teeth are buried in my lower lip in a way to deal with my increasing anxiety.

"He had created a bank account throughout the years in order to gather as much money as he could to be financially able to provide you what you need for your studies. The amount is very big it can't cover all your expenses."