Baby (buckyxreader)

-1415 words

-Bucky x female reader

- Warnings : Pregnancy and a lot of fluff

You were hanging out in the kitchen eating a snack when you felt something wet drip down your legs. You realized your water just broke. "BUCKY!" you screamed at that moment the past nine months flashed before you.

---- flashback -----

You sat in the bathroom shaking with nervousness about the test that was in your hands. You had been having a lot of mood swings and cravings lately but, what gave it away the most is your period didn't show up when it usually does. You sat there for five minutes anxiously waiting when you saw the lines on the test start to appear. You quickly grab the box the test came in to make sure you were clear about the results. Two lines = pregnant. You sit there in dead silence just, staring at the test wondering, How you are going to tell your boyfriend of 3 years that you were pregnant. You and Bucky had never seriously discussed kids. You knew that Bucky had always adored kids but was hesitant around them because of his arm.

"Hey, Friday?" "Yes, miss y/n." "Could you please call Natasha in here, it's an emergency!" "Right away," you hear the AI respond. Not a minute later, Nat comes bursting into your room. "What's wrong?" she practically screams. You look at her and hold out the test. You watch her eyebrow relax from being furrowed with confusion as her eyes go wide. "OMG!" She yells, engulfing you in a bone-crushing hug. "Nat, I'm scared." "What do you mean?" "How am I going to tell Bucky? What if he doesn't want it? What if he leaves me? I can't take care of a baby on my own." You ramble. "Y/n," you hear Natasha say as she firmly grips your shoulders in an attempt to calm you down. "I don't know much but, one thing I know is that Bucky loves you with all his heart. I've seen the way he looks at you, no way would he leave you." You let out a sigh, "thanks, Nat."

As if on cue Bucky walks into the room and, you quickly hid the test behind your back. "Hey doll, hey nat what's up?" "Nothing, I'll see you later y/n." You hear Nat squeal, the smile never leaving her face as she walks out the door. "Um, okay, you okay y/n?" Bucky asks, noticing how tense you were. "Um I- I need to talk to you about something." you manage to say. "Okay, what is it? You know I'm here for you doll." Bucky says soothingly as he makes his way over to you. You snake the arm that was behind your back in front of you and place the test in Bucky's hand "I'm pregnant." You watch as Bucky's eyes go wide and preparing for the worst, you look down at the floor. The next thing you know is you are being picked up into a hug and being twirled around while hearing Bucky say. "I'm gonna be a dad!" You giggle and let out a sigh of relief as he puts you back down. "Doll what's wrong?" You hear Bucky ask. "Well, I was just a little scared to tell you. Because I know you love kids, but, I also know that you were hesitant around them because of your arm. I didn't know how you would react cause we never seriously talked about it. I was scared you might leave me, I don't know." You ramble on before Bucky cuts you off with a gentle kiss to shut you up. "Doll I have always wanted kids ever since the '40s and I was hesitant at first with my arm and adjusting to life now, but you helped me, and my love for kids came back. I couldn't picture anyone else as the mother of my children than you. I love you y/n." "I love you too Bucky," you say sweetly before kissing him again. He breaks the kiss first and you notice the excitement in his eyes. "Can we go tell the rest of the team?" He asks you as if it were a kid asking his mother for a toy. "Of course, Buck."

Y'all call the team into the living area and tell them the news. The response was a mixture of congratulations and a little bit of argument over the baby's name. You just laugh and hug Bucky as well as the rest of the team. The rest of the pregnancy included a little morning sickness here and there as well as a lot of cravings and mood swings. Bucky was by your side at all times getting and helping you with anything you needed as well as Natasha and Steve helping. Because as much as Bucky didn't want to leave your side. You convinced him to continue going on some of the missions the team needed his help on. He made sure Natasha or Steve were with you. You both had discussed and wanted Natasha to be the godmother and of course Steve to be the godfather. Which they were overjoyed about especially, Natasha. Tony even had the room next to yours open into you and Bucky's room as the new baby's room. Also going all out with the decorations and supplies for the baby. Not sparing an expense as a surprise for you two, you could already tell how much Tony was going to spoil the kid.

---- end of flashback ----

You were sitting in the hospital bed after about 6 hours and 34 minutes of painful labor. You had just given birth to your new baby girl, and Bucky was beside you the entire time. His metal arm came in handy considering, you could squeeze it as much as you need without hurting him. You now held your new baby in your arms while Bucky was sitting next to you on the bed. He had his metal arm over your shoulder to help cool you down while his flesh hand lay on top of y'all's daughter. "She's beautiful y/n." "Bucky you've said that 20 times in the past 2 minutes and, I know," you giggle. "I can't help it. You did a great doll." "Thanks, Bucky," you rest your head on his shoulder. "Hey, we need to name her," you hear a Bucky chuckle. "I have an idea," you respond, taking your head off his shoulder and looking at him. "Rebecca Natalia Barnes." You see tears start to form in Bucky's eyes while a smile grows on his face. "You wanna name her after my sister?" "Of course." "Thank you, doll. I love you so much," Bucky says hugging you and kissing the top of your head." I love you too. Bucky let the team know they can come in." Bucky hums in response as he texts Steve. Two minutes later there is a knock at the door. "Come in," you and Bucky both say in unison. Steve walks in first with Natasha while Tony, Clint, Bruce, Sam, Wanda, and Peter, follow behind. You hear Natasha squeal as she rushes to your side. "Did y'all name her yet?" She asks excitedly. You look at Bucky who smiles and you turn back to Nat. "Rebecca Natalia Barnes,'' you hear Nat gasp and turn to Clint. "Screw your kids Clint. This one is named after me." The whole room bursts into laughter as you pass Rebecca to Nat so she can hold her. Steve walks over to you and Bucky and pats him on the shoulder. "Good job you two." "Thanks, punk." "Jerk." You smile sweetly at Steve and turn your attention back to Nat who everyone is crowded around to look at Rebecca. Once everyone says their hellos to her, Nat hands her to Steve. Who then holds her as if she's the most fragile thing in the universe, kinda like Bucky did when he first held her. "Don't worry Steve, the next one might be named after you." You hear Bucky say causing you to chuckle as Bucky turns to you. "Another one?" You question. "Yeah if you're up for it," Bucky replies. "Of course Bucky, but give a girl a break. This was painful." The room bursts out in laughter again. Steve gives Rebecca to Bucky who kisses the top of her head while pulling you closer. You couldn't be happier, you have the love of your life sitting next to you. You are surrounded by the people you consider family and, now a new little gem in your life.