11: The Rematch

Yo! I'm glad I finished this so quickly! I really don't have much to say, other than that I changed how Shinsou's quirk works a bit. It doesn't matter if the person talks, it just can't be a direct answer or comment on what they said, or else they'll get brainwashed. From what I've seen in the canon any talk that has to do with what Shinsou said can get you brainwashed, but in this, it's only a direct answer.

Also, this chapter gets a tiny bit angsty. Just a warning since the rest of the book has been pretty light-hearted.

Dull red eyes met tired purple ones as the two boys stood across from each other, both with calculated looks. Shinsou's expression was unreadable as he studied him. Midoriya took the small pause to look back on what he had been brainstorming during the past matches.

I have to remember to stay in character during my fight. How can I do that? I don't see how being a villain would change my fighting style, other than maybe being more brutal. Maybe I could scare my opponent more? I remember something Uraraka told me about after my fight with Chisaki. Apparently, after I made the final punch I looked really terrifying. I don't know how true that is, but it wouldn't hurt to try it out.

Shinsou, although he wouldn't show it, was nearly as excited as Midoriya was. He'd been waiting for his chance to face off against him since the sports festival. Although, he had to admit that he was a bit nervous. He knew the rules for this training session, and he wondered how Midoriya was going to fight.

"It seems that you're not going to make the first move." He said, taking a few steps towards his opponent. As he expected, Midoriya said nothing. "Do you really think you're really going to win, in that get-up?"

Midoriya knew that the boy was trying to aggravate him, and stayed quiet. Not breaking eye contact, he started to slowly walk forward.

Shinsou obviously saw this, and stopped his own approach, wanting to see what he would do.

"Tell me something Shinsou." He said, and the violet haired boy was immediately put off by his voice. "Actually, don't tell me. I like to guess. Your quirk only works when a person responds to you correct?" He didn't give him time to answer before he continued. "So I can talk on and on and on like this, and you can't do anything. It doesn't matter that I'm talking. I'm not answering any of your questions or responding to any of the petty insults you throw at me. I'm just speaking my mind."

He was about halfway across the arena by now, going at a leisurely pace. Shinsou couldn't stand it anymore and decided to take action.

He made a tsk sound before pulling up his mask, changing the settings as he did so. He was about to do something dumb and douchy, but if it won him the match he didn't care. His quirk was useless now, and he'd most likely lose in hand-to-hand combat anyway.

He started forward at a fast pace, trying to intimidate the shorter boy and make him think he was about to tackle him. He had heard that the boy had gotten his provisional license, but the only thing he knew about his current strength was that he wasn't breaking his bones anymore. He didn't know exactly how strong he was, so he was hoping to gauge that with a close-range battle, with him retreating if his strength was too much. And if he got close enough, he could grab him with his capture gear.

Midoriya didn't seem fazed.

Here came the douchy part of his plan. He yelled out in a high pitch girly voice thanks to his voice manipulator, one that was nearly identical to a certain pink-cheeked brunette in the crowd watching them. "Do you really think that any of us like you?" He spoke with venom. The real Uraraka on the sidelines was horrified at the way her voice was being used.