Chapter One: The Mandalorian

Chapter One: 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖒𝖆𝖓𝖉𝖆𝖑𝖔𝖗𝖎𝖆𝖓.
word count; 4.4k

Dirt and sand, the only thing visible to your eyes for mile after mile. The dust billowing upwards and surrounding you irritated your eyes and prickled your skin, feeling as if thousands of miniature insects and bugs stung you simultaneously. Beads of salty sweat trickled off your temple, the sun hanging above blazing and formidable. You wondered why anyone would even choose to reside on this deserted planet. The temperatures on Nevarro were somewhat favorable in comparison to here — Arvala-7 — and even then, you had complained about the humidity over there. Nothing you couldn't handle, of course. Pretty soon, you'd locate the quarry you searched for and head off for Nevarro, earning your much-needed reward.

Beskar ingots. It was an irrefutable prize, and you hadn't hesitated whatsoever to take the bounty once the chance presented itself.

"We are almost there," stated the ugnaught. He had been gracious enough to lead you towards the designated encampment containing the quarry, all on the back of his domesticated beasts. Apparently, his blurrgs were the only passageway towards the camp.

With each passing second, the tracking fob deep within a pocket in your pants increased its consistent beeping. At least you knew he was remaining true to his words when he agreed to transport you to the encampment. You just weren't exactly sure what was in it for him.

Nodding in response, your eyes flickered forwards in the nick of time to catch the Nikto camp just over a sandy hill. A wave of relief washed over you realizing you finally reached your destination after this long, grueling venture out in plain-open, dusty Arvala. But there was still a fight left to win and take this quarry for yourself. The Niktos were hell-bent on protecting this valuable asset. They had no idea you were hell-bent on acquiring it as well.

"Thank you..." you trailed off, unsure whether simply calling him 'ugnaught' would offend him or not. After all, you met him mere hours ago when you managed to come across his moisture farm while pointlessly probing around the desert.

"Kuiil."

"Kuiil. How may I repay you for the transportation?"

He responded with a shake of his head. "You are already doing me a great favor by bringing peace to the land. Thank you."

You pressed your lips into a thin line before dismounting the blurrg, patting it a couple time as a 'thanks.' It probably didn't care at all anyway.

"I must inform you, though, that another bounty hunter arrived seeking the exact bounty as you earlier today."

The statement wasn't acknowledged by you whatsoever. After all, every single hunter who attempted to capture this quarry rarely returned alive. And if they did by any chance survive, they came back empty-handed. The hunter Kuiil spoke about would be no different.