Treacherous 48

"Que sera, sera."

Warning: might be sensitive to some. Stop reading if it's too much.

I don't want to get married," The young man said as he paced back and forth in his office. Eagle eyes watched him as he does so, feeling the conflict he was facing.

"Then refuse, Jungkook," Namjoon told the younger. A direct and simple answer and he knew the younger could've done so, yet looking at the younger now, he then thought it may not be as easy as that. "What did they say if you refuse to do it?"

"I did refuse, from the beginning. And a lot of times. But now my position's at stake, hyung. Everything I've done for this company will be out of my hands if I don't commit. My parents are really determined to have me marry her," Jungkook sat down on the sofa, facing the older. "I just... I just can't seem to trust the Manobans. Even if my father is a dear friend of the old man, I don't trust them."

The last sentence was delivered with the thought of his meeting with Olivia Manoban, whom he had a talk with for the first time when they visited the Manoban mansion for a dinner party.

"It is nice to finally meet the young Jeon," the woman, Olivia Manoban, spoke with elegance. Jungkook wasn't pleased to be there, but he had no choice but to give in to his mother's pleadings.

He thought he could make it quick, but the Manobans and his parents seemed to be not in the rush as they began to chatter among themselves in the dining table and outside the garden. That's where he found himself in the living room, taking interest in the pictures displayed.

And yes, the daughter was not there that night.

"That is Lalisa, the other twin," Olivia spoke when she saw him picking up a picture of a little girl from a wall shelf located in the far corner of the living room. Jungkook only stared at the picture for a little while, not averting his attention to the woman. He then placed the picture back on the shelf.

The woman picked up the other picture from the other side and showed it to the young man.

"This is your bride-to-be, Samarah," She told him as she presented him the picture. Jungkook smirked in amusement as he scanned the picture, seeing not much of a difference between the girls. Identical twins huh? If he didn't know they were twins just now, he would assume it's the same person.

"Madame," Jungkook finally voiced, lifting his face to look at the woman. "I didn't say I have finally agreed to this arrangement. No wedding is gonna push through without my approval."

"Of course, but we can already tell it's gonna end to that. Your parents have already met my daughter," the woman chuckled. "They love her. And I'm sure when you finally meet her, you'll love her too."

He almost rolled his eyes. He thought that this woman was getting way ahead of herself.

Jungkook's vision focused on a bigger picture hanged up on the wall. A picture of two little girls, smiling prettily at the camera. His gaze drifted from the one in the yellow dress to the one in the pink dress. "Which one is which?"

Olivia looked over at the picture he was referring to. "Samarah's the one in the pink dress."

"Where is the other twin? Lalisa is it?" He asked, now intrigued. He didn't know that the Manobans had twin daughters. He only knew of Samarah's existence.