Chapter Twenty Four

This might hurt

This might hurt.

24
•••

      Going over the list of attendees to the coronation, you and Jennie sit across each other at the library table with Ms. Choi to your side. You take a red marker each to check, circle, underline, re-assign, or cross out the names of which that adhere to you both as either suitable or unfit to be seated in the respective row they have been currently assigned to by the council.

"Jennie"

"No"

"She can't sit at the back"

"Corner row, perhaps?"

"I heard she's a twat" Ms. Choi is not helping.

"While her family sits at the first box?"

"She won't be missed"

You scribble over Jennie's drawn arrow that directs Bae Joo-hyun's seat all the way to last row of the congregation. Believing she is just as an obnoxious, self-seeking, spoiled brat is of no question to you. Jennie and Jisoo have given their generous share of libel to the daughter of the noble Bae family- and she fairly deserves it to her incredulous name.

But her bloodline has done great deeds to Northern royalty, and they are respectable people in all of their region. Their one and only darling daughter cannot sit behind the rest at any means.

"Fine" Jennie mutters, marking a rather harsh check mark upon the name, "But if she opens her mouth even in the slightest, then I won't have it."

You chuckle at her adorable brood and assure she won't be bothered by the Northern girl.

"Jeon Jung-kook, second box"

"Bloody no" you drag your mark from his name all the way to the end of the paper—

Jennie gasps, "That's not fair!"

"He's ghastly!" you defend your hypocrisy, shuddering at the thought of Sir Jung-kook ogling at you with his thick smug smile.

"I heard of his indecency, as well, Your Highness"

You reconsider Ms. Choi's previous judgement.

And you realize Jennie does have a knack for flailing her arms in debates, "His family is practically the Southern version of the Baes— he's even richer!"