the couch

warnings: nsfw

"You're totally falling for this guy

"You're totally falling for this guy."

"Lexie, shut up, we're not even dating! Yet."

"Keyword being yet."

You lean back on your couch, a small grin on your face. "I do really like him though. He's different."

"What does he look like?"

"Very attractive," you say, grinning to yourself. "In a sort of inhuman way. He's insanely hot."

Lexie laughs. "Picture?"

"I don't have a picture, Lex," you lie, your mind flashing to the picture of a shirtless Spencer you still have on your phone.

"Ugh, fine," she groans. "But if you two end up dating I have to meet him."

"Fine, Lexie," you murmur, biting the inside of your cheek. "How's Ben?"

"He's good! We're thinking about adopting a dog," she explains, and you can hear the smile in her voice.

"You should do it! I'm more of a cat person, but you do you."

Lexie laughs softly. "We're gonna look at the shelter this weekend."

"Well, good luck to you." A knock sounds at your door, and you smile. "Hey, I gotta go."

"Ooh, is someone there? Who is it? Is it Spencer?"

You walk toward the door, rolling your eyes. "Yes, it's Spencer, little miss nosey. I have to go."

"Well, have fun. Be safe. Wear a condom."

"Shut up. I love you, bubs, talk to you later."

"Love you, too!"

You hang up before opening your door, revealing Spencer rocking back and forth on his heels. He grins at you, and you admire the lanky (but surprisingly toned) man in front of you. He's dressed a little more casually than normal, donning a black knit sweater with a red and yellow dinosaur on it, his black and white collared button up peeking out of the collar. Brown corduroy pants rest on his hips, and he's, again, wearing his Converse.

"Hi," you say, grabbing his hand and pulling him into your apartment.

"Hi," he replies, wrapping his arms around your waist.

"How was your case?" You run your hands up his chest, interlocking your fingers behind his neck.

His hands run down your lower back. "It was fine. Nothing too crazy. How've you been?"

You play with the hair at the nape of his neck. "I've been good. Writing a lot, talking to my sister."

"Do you talk about me?" He asks, his hazel eyes searching yours.