chapter fifteen

Work was getting hectic and unbearable. And so was Ibrahim's mood. The fact that their day has only just begun annoyed Mawra.

The hacker has been found and was punished for his deeds, but he has already managed to copy their company's ideas and has launched the product which they were supposed to launch, and the frustrating thing is, its a hit in the market. People are loving it. Of course, they would, it's the Qureshi enterprise's idea after all. But Ibrahim was keen on banning that product. And also, in creating a new alternative which will be equally a successful one.

"Where is our advertising manager?" Ibrahim asked whilst going through the new alternative product's final outlook. It was more than good considering he made people work on it in less than a week. He was angry with the IT staffs for letting the hacking happen so easily and took it out on the others by making them do extra works, they'll be rewarded later though.

"Mr Sheikh has not yet arrived, sir," Mawra informed him, whilst placing his second mug of coffee on his table. Ibrahim frowned at that. It was nine-thirty and the office hours have begun half an hour ago. Adnan should be here by now. He didn't even inform me about any leave.

"Deduct his salary for one day." Mawra slightly gasped at that but made a note to pass this information to the accounting team. Angry Ibrahim is getting on her nerves now. He was behaving quite unbearable, but she can't say anything other than just nodding her head. That's how their professional life was.

The last few days have been amazing. Married life was going on smoothly. They both get along just fine. But work kept them very busy so far. And Ibrahim's mother was angry at her son for not going on honeymoon yet. He was stressed regarding work, and couldn't give it much thought, and his mood became worse when Marwa wanted to get down from the car like usual. It bothers him every day, but today it made him angrier.

His mood was unbearable ever since.

"You can go now, Ms Hussain." She left at the first chance she got. Ibrahim was being so rude to her and he will have to face the consequences in the evening. Just wait and watch, husband. Mawra thought with a huff and started doing her given tasks.

Few hours passed by, with Mawra being engrossed in her works, suddenly a phone call disturbed in between, "Hello?" she answered it curiously and heard that annoying familiar voice.

"Mawra, there is someone from R&K architecture, she wants to meet our boss it seems, but there's no appointment. Should I send her up?" the receptionist's boring voice came from the other end.

Mawra frowned slightly, "I'll ask him and let you know. Hold on for a minute." She heard a hum as a reply, keeping the phone on hold, she walked into Ibrahim's office and knocked at his door,"sir, someone from R&K architecture wants to meet you. She has no appointment though."

"I forgot to inform you, send her in." Ibrahim replied distractedly and Mawra hummed with a scowl and walked back to her cabin, "send her up, Zara." The receptionist let out a dramatic sigh and hung up the call.

Mawra stared at the phone and went back to work. The phone began to ring, disturbing her again, "hello?" she answered it with annoyance.

"Bring two coffees to my cabin," Ibrahim informed in a monotone and hung up on her. She stared at the landline and rolled her eyes with disbelief.

"He just drank two cups of those a few hours ago!" She told to no one in particular and walked out to make the damn coffee. Its going to be a lunch break in half an hour, why'd he drink it now, Mawra wondered with a frown but made the coffee nevertheless.

"Excuse me, sir." Walking into his office with two mugs of coffee, Mawra smiled at the lady politely, who ignored her arrogantly and just took the mug. Her face paled at such reaction. Masking it with a smile, she walked to her boss, whose face softened a bit compared to the morning. She didn't care.