feels like living-1

A/N: Nobody is aware that Aurora is adopted, only the family does.

2 years later

ARES- 23

ROSE-19

Love Stories did not exist in the mafia dynasties. The marriage alliances were formed between two clans either way, if they were friends or foes and usually was to strengthen ties and deepen connections.

Each male connected to the dark root was build to kill and fight while females serve their purpose in ruling the inner clan with an iron fist. It was almost a huge topic for discussion when the mafia godfather Ajax at the age of twenty four took a bride in his highschool sweetheart.

The people under the regime could not understand what will he gain out of marrying a Russian heiress but after some years....they did.

Not only his reign was unshakable but the children born to the couple were prodigious as well but alas the caporegimes were too late to change the ways how their children were raised.

Rose was raised by Vincent and Sierra the same way. A female was to remain devoid of all malice and be just and kind and without a doubt, sexually inactive to show her virtue and worth to her husband. It was still a medieval aged practice but the blood empire tried following the rules of aristocracy and paying respect to their legacy.

It was almost overwhelming to the girl when the control accidently reduced to nothing, a dramatic domination in her life blew away and gave the girl a bit liberty to do as she wished.

But it was a shock when Ares realized that Rose was running away from him, trying to find excuses and being afraid of his presence. He had tried to give her space but maybe it wasn't good knowing that she was now acting as a brat.

It was almost the third week when the Mafia Prince realized that he had enough and directly ordered Vincent to put Rose on phone and this time he was not letting her go off hook.

It was a night filled with stars of icy terrain, a clear view revealed the strawberry coloured specks among the while and cyan twinkles that were hiding behind them as if playing hide and seek, Rose was strolling through the gardens, her jet black hair blowing softly with the breeze.

She kicked a stone as she thought deeply, the stone did not moved rather the small girl stumbled like a baby penguin waddling along the sea shore.

How many days it has been?

How many nights since she is dreaming of Ares beside her, did he knew that she was starved of his kisses, that she drew him this morning and then put the portrait in the bottom drawer of her desk so that she did not cried....would he like her now? still when she was no longer his good girl?

"ROSE!"

"coming!" She let her thoughts evaporate for the time moment since her mother was calling and dashed towards the house

-------------------------------------------------

"What is it?" her hands trembled when she found Ares asking to her, his voice grave and rigid. The phone shook dangerously as no voice left her lips.

"I-I"

"I swear Rose, I have given you so much time and I am fucking dying to know what is going on.....why are you ignoring me?"

"A-Ares I feel sick when I see you..."the silence at the other end made the innocent girl widen her eyes and realise that he might have taken her words the wrong way.

"N-No you don't get it. I-I feel something burning in my stomach like I am going to burst...right now when you t-talked in a-anger I felt funny in my tummy......Ares I think...I-I have caught a disease, w-what if its contagious-"

"let me cure it for you." the phone line went dead after that.

Rose was anticipating that today was going to be a lesson for her, the anger in Ares voice had not toned down even a bit but her confession might have flared it up more than what she had anticipated.

She sat there twirling her hair and thinking for sometime, if she was actually sick then why did Ares not panicked? Last time an year ago when she caught a fever, Ares behaved as if she had some incurable disease and loomed over her in every ten minutes to check if the temperature went down.

So it was definitely not a disease. Rose smacked her forehead softly mumbling that she did not had to torture herself like this....all was in vain. From next time onwards she will tell Ares if something happened.

Sounds of screeching tires made her run for the window to look down if it was the person she loved or not. It indeed was a yummy looking Ares with his shirt and normal jeans who crossed his muscular arms and looked up glaring up at her, his head tilted as if asking why she wasn't running over to him yet.

And the funny burn started again.

A/n; yeah I know I am bad to keep this part but hush! patience babies patience. You will get it soon.

If you have not voted on this Watty shortlisted book's first chapter by LovinaS yet please go and do.

The Curse 1 https://my.w.tt/cJ4Uss6Jmcb