Chapter 8

It's been three days since that incident happened in the King's mansion. Luckily I haven't seen or heard from Ethan. I frankly don't want to see him anytime soon.

The lunch was ruined and Grace was devastated. All she wanted was to have a family gathering like in old times. I can't blame her for wanting that. I just want all this to be behind us; I don't want Liam raised in a broken home.

I seat at my desk looking at a picture of Liam and me together. I don't think I can imagine him ever being taken away from me. He's my source of light in my darkness. Without him, I don't know how I would survive the pain I'm in.

"Penny for your thoughts," Wendy said sitting opposite me.

"Nothing serious." I sigh.

"Good cause I'm angry at you." She said in a serious tone tapping her foot on the floor. I've seen her angry once or twice and trust me you don't want to be there.

"What did I do?" I asked a bit worried and surprised at her.

"How can you not tell me you were once engaged to the sexiest bachelor in this state." She whines leaning back into the chair giving me a pout. "Friends don't  keep huge secrets like this from each other."

"I'm sorry." I give her a sad smile sitting straight up unlike her. "I wanted to keep a low profile after you know.... what happened."

"Yeah, I completely understand. I would do the same if I were you." She said giving me a sympathetic smile. "Well you have a patient, she came here last week with that sexy man-beast."

"Emma?"

"Yeah." She said standing up stealing a few candies from the bowl on my table. "How did I not recognize him then." She mutters under her breath popping one into her mouth before leaving the room.

I stand up after she leaves and walks up to the examination chair to set it up. 

Emma is here which means he's here too. And I know I'm not ready to face him at all. After what happened at the mansion I don't want to see his face. Can you believe he threatened me? 

 Who the hell does he think he is? 

Oh yeah, Ethan King sexiest bachelor in New York who thinks he can do anything he wants. 

News flash; he's not that sexy. That's if you remove his grey eyes and chiseled jawline and beautiful smile that make you melt into a bucket of goo.

The door slams open bringing me out of my thought and Emma walks into the room excited.

"Dora!" She says running to me almost tripping herself.

I bend down to her height and smile at her. "Hey, you."

"Guess what happened!" She commands placing her hands on my shoulders.

"Um, I don't know what?" I asked.

"Come on guess." She says tugging my jacket.

"You got a new doll?" I raise my brow a bit.

Doll, seriously?

I am really bad at these guessing games. Why can't people just get straight to the point?

"No!" She giggles letting go of my jacket.

"Then what ?" I asked getting a bit impatient. 

She grins so wide that I can see all her teeth, all except one.

"It fell off," I whisper looking at the gap that was in her mouth.

"Mhmm." She hums skipping toward the examination chair.