7

MAD-EYE MOODY

_____________

That Summer was one of the weirdest ones I ever lived. Even though I received Liv's visits at least twice every two weeks and that I was as alone as in the Arambella House, the memories from that place didn't attack me at Spinner's End and my own thoughts kept me busy enough to let them invade me.

I hadn't received any news from my mother since before Summer, and obviously, I didn't get any news from anyone from school other than Draco who, as usual, was trying to please the narcissistic bitch he had as a father.

But lots of things were diving into my mind. One of them was this extremely weird situation we lived at the Quidditch World Cup. At first, Snape didn't want me to go with Olivia, Luna and their father but then, Draco invited me as well and my uncle allowed me to go after I insisted but only if I stayed close enough to the Lovegoods and not to the Malfoys. I went there and made sure to buy Olivia's ticket and my own since Mr Lovegood was buying his own, Luna's one and the tent where we were staying. The match was awesome and all of us enjoyed it and shouted of pure joy when Ireland won. Krum was a good seeker but he was very far away from Ireland's quality of players. Not everything was about the Seeker, do you hear that, Gryffindor team?

The problem came later. When we all were celebrating Ireland's victory, they attacked. All dressed in black with their masks on so no one could recognise them, throwing curses and hexes and destroying everything after them, as they always do; Death Eaters.

Xenophillus Lovegood made sure to keep us protected and to take us home safe, but before we arrived at Liv's home in the middle of rural Ireland, I heard it and the chills covered my body as well as cold sweat. That bloody curse was the last words I remembered from my mother as a free woman: Morsmordre.

When I arrived back home, Snape was there. He looked at me with surprise and almost relief as if he already knew what happened at the Quidditch match. Since his expression transmitted more coldness and bitterness than ever, I decided not to ask and just wait for the three days left I had at Spinner's End before coming back to Hogwarts.

Once again at the Express, I was completely alone. I spotted Draco a few steps behind me and I waited for him to arrive with this girl from his course, Pansy Parkinson.

"Hey, Lilith!" he waved at me and I smiled at him back.

I smiled at her as well as she waved kindly at me but still being a bit shy.

"How's your Summer been?" I asked him, walking through the corridor of the train trying to find a compartment with no people in it.

"It was good, everything normal until the Quidditch World Cup. I couldn't stay after Ireland won but my father told me someone attacked the celebration."

I wanted to say something about it but knowing who Lucius Malfoy was I opted to stay silent. The whole journey passed quickly as we kept talking about other things and Pansy talked a bit more about herself and her Summer.

Once we arrived at Hogwarts, the First Year students were welcomed by Hagrid, who left us, students from superior years, alone for a couple of minutes. Not a good idea, though.

"Arambella!" I heard someone chanting my name funnily.

Shit, here we go again.

"Weasley" I sighed monotonously looking straight to the front and ignoring him by my side.

"You missed me?" he joked bending a little bit in my direction since now, he was taller than before.

"No."