(9) Bonding {part one}

Comment and vote!

[Valentina's POV]

It was safe to say that I was genuinely feeling the vibe of a strikingly new environment that had me feel totally out of place for a while. And I don't just mean the new house, city, or lifestyle. I mean the company. The large group of really elite people that fit perfectly into the dining room of this mansion.

Guess the purpose of the large dining table makes absolute sense to me now.

I've never had food amongst these many people who're literally just family, so to say that I was surprised by the loud discussions and laughing at the table would be a classic understatement. Personally I'm used to some real quiet meals mostly because I am usually by myself when mom was stuck at work during those ungodly hours.

I don't blame her, she was burdened with handling every single expense of the house.

But it was nice. To sit among them and enjoy the feeling of inclusion in a rather large gathering of family; something I'm slowly getting used to. Never imagined I'd feel like I missed out on something this great for quite literally my whole life.

Again...why mom?

I sighed heavily being reminded of the same frustrating question that's working an itch in my brain at this point. I wondered if I'll ever get an actual answer as to why she left this house and our family behind all those years ago.

After lunch, I helped others to clear up before joining the elders in the living room. As soon as I walk in, my eyes scanned the place only to realise there was no spot available for me to occupy on the couches.

My gaze was caught by Ales and it took only a second for him to realise what I was thinking about. He looked beside him and was about to ask others to scoot over and make some room for me, but I stopped him and walked over to sit down on the floor next to his legs, my back resting on the couch.

"Val you don't have to sit on the floor. I'm sure we can fit you here", Ales immediately suggested, moving to stand up. "Or maybe you could pull up a chair."

I pushed him back down by his knees and shook my head. "I'm comfortable here. You guys should be too. Everyone's full after that heavy meal."

"Why don't you pull up a chair though?", Elijah wondered.

"I don't mind sitting here. Besides...I'm too lazy to stand up again", I pouted, letting my head fall back.

Everyone chuckled.

"No problem. I'll get one for you", Elijah offered, and was about to stand up which is why I quickly grab the cushion behind me and threw it at him.

"Stay there! I'm fine!", I frowned.

Elijah caught the pillow in surprise before it hit him on his face and then settled back down while others smiled in amusement.

"Look at them", Grandma smiled fondly. "Already fussing over to make sure she's fine."

"The boys have grown up...finally", Uncle Alfonso observed.

"Don't get too ahead of yourself brother. It's only Ales and Elijah. They were always like this. If the younger ones become more mature and caring...then we'll talk", Uncle Francesco grinned.

"That's a big ask", Grandpa joked.

"Not really. My sons have changed a little since Val arrived, thank you very much", Dad defended his boys.

"Aw Dad", Enzo smiled.

"Not Dad trying to make us look better", Xavier whispered.

"Right!?", Matteo whispered back. "He's off his pills maybe?"