B i l a n g LXXIII

I bowed to Levi.

"May the peace of Guibàsh bless you your highness." I said. Cecilà and the bug copied me again. Am I the lead here?

I looked at lady Inos who is smiling widely at me.

"What brings lady Arthia here?" Levi asked in a formal tone. I wrinkled my forehead.

"She came here for you Prince Cailevi!" I did not look at lady Cecilà and focus on my eyes on the hands of lady Inos that is locked on Levi's arms. They aren't married yet, why does she cling on him like Levi is her lifeline? She's looking at me with an irritating smiledm

"It's my pleasure." My eyes shifted to Levi, he is eyeing me so I look around. "Then will you give me the pleasure to have a tea with you?" I looked at Levi and nodded slightly. He smiled and tried to remove lady Inos' hand to his arms.

"Let me join you." We all looked at lady Clair who's walking towards us. She eyed me so I look at her. You think i'm scared of your mad eyes? Try me.

"We'll talk about business." Levi said, lady Clair broke our eyes first and look at Levi.

"Then I'll just be the one who'll bring your tea!" Lady Inos said raising her hand.

"That's good Kleigh." Lady Clair said looking at me.

"Then excuse me, I'll prepare tea and some desserts." She said and then left. I look at her as she enter the main palace. If lady Clair didn't coughed my eyes would still be in the door where lady Inos disappeared.

"May galit ata sayo yan." I ignore lady Cecilà and look at lady Clair. I smiled at little and walk to Levi while looking at her.

"We'll be going to our meeting your excellency." I said and vowed a little. Wala syang nagawa nang talikuran ko sya. Levi stalked me after I heard his goodbye to his mother.

"Theodore and I will roam around the palace!" I heard lady Cecilà shouted. I closed my eyes tightly. I don't have time to be ashamed of her.

"What?" I heard the bug's disapproval but he didn't followed me.

Levi opened the door for me, our eyes met. I looked away, I feel uneasy somehow.

We walked the familiar hallway and stop midway when we saw an old man standing infront of his door's office. Marquis Inos, father of lady Inos. The old man looked at me when he saw me. Levi move forward, the old guy bowed.

"May the peace of Guibàsh bless you, first prince Cailevi."

"Greetings Marquis Inos, what brings you on my palace without notice?" Levi asked in formal tone. The old man look at me again before looking at Levi.

"I'm afraid I have a business more important than what you'll attend today.." The old man looked at me again. I rolled my eyes and he saw that, like I care. "It must be discuss today." He said and smile at Levi. I sighed, I think it's something connected about his treason.

Levi was about to reject the old man when I intrude in their conversation.

"I'll wait at your parlor." I said and turn around without his approval.

"The rumors are true, that prodigal lady is indeed arrogant." I heard the old man said to Levi before I turned to the other side of the hallway. I rolled my eyes.

What is it to them if I ran away from our house? Did they suffer a great loss? It's as if it's a big deal.

All my irritation drifted to the tea that almost hit me. I look at Lady Inos, she smiled at me apologitecally.

I nodded and look on the tea.

"Saan ang punta ng lady?" She asked.

"Your father went to the Prince to discuss some urgent business."

"So you're going home?" She sounded disappointed.

"No, I'll be waiting at the parlor." I said and smiled at her. She looks shock with my answer but she's trying to her best to hide it by smiling.

"Then let's go to the parlor and have some talk." She said and turn around to lead the way. I quietly followed.

"You look excited about your wedding." I said and sit first on the single couch. She fixed her dress before sitting elegantly on the huge sofa infront me. There are servants cleaning the area but they left when lady Inos signed them to.

"I am?" She asked and poured the tea on the cup. I watched her pale face with pinkish lips, an elegant eyes and small pointy nose. She smiled and offered me the teacup. I smiled and accept it.

"You look so inlove." Look me saying words I don't know.

"I am that good in acting?" I was about to sip on my tea when she caught me. I looked at her. She chuckled and sip on her tea without breaking our eyes.

"You what?" I asked and put down the untouch tea. She smiled at me and played with her tea cup.

"Who would want to marry a bastard prince?" I looked at her, she's acting all this time. "Buf I'll marry him since I want to be the Empress."

"That's.." I stopped not knowing what to say. "He's not the Crown prince, what are you saying?" I asked to throw away the uneasiness I feel towards the lady.

"Sure, but I know he's planning a coup d'etat." I flinched. How did she know. "And my father will support him." She said confidently.

"Why are you saying this to me?" I asked and laugh. "You know i'm well acquainted with the other princes." I laughed at her. "I might tell them.." I stopped again when I saw her smirked like she knows more than what I assume her to know. I chuckled and trace the teacup's mouth with my finger.

Her eyes drifted on the ring on my finger. She smiled more.

"You know everything." I whispered and look at her.

"We can say that." She said.

"You're fooling the prince." I said and lean on the single sofa. I looked at her without a rumor. Hindi ko gusto ang pinatutunguan ng paguusap namin.

"Maybe." She said. I put my elbow on the side of the sofa and put my cheeks on my palm. Tilting my head with a small smirk on my lips I look at her.

"You're playing a dangerous game my lady." I said and and smiled at her. "You're aiming something so high, you're desiring a throne that is not yet guaranteed." She raised one of her brow at me and smiled.

"The prince must have a lover." She again look at my fingers. I smiled at her.

"He doesn't have a lover, I assure you." I sitted straight and smile at her. "If you know that much then I have no choice but to help you become the Empress together with Levi as the Emperor."

••

Coup d'ètat - Blow of state (French) / Treason