19

Prom was in two weeks. It had snuck up on Jaemin so suddenly the boy hadn't been able to even give the dance a second thought. He concluded he'd just miss it all together. 

Jeno on the other hand, was looking for the perfect opportunity to play Jaemin his song. He had worked on it with Ten and Taeyong for weeks and they had finally finished it. Jeno called it Candlelight after Taeyong's brilliant idea of describing Jaemin as the light in Jeno's life. 

"I have to use the restroom be right back Chenle." Jaemin waved at his friend who stayed put at their lockers. Lunch was finally starting after a long first four periods of torture and pain. 

Jaemin made his way to the least crowded boy's restroom, pushing open the door and pacing inside, footsteps echoing against the tiled floor. The blue haired boy entered a stall, locking the door and turning around.

Jaemin faced the plain wall, blind eyes seeing nothing. He felt the familiar feeling of tears swimming in his large cloudy eyes. The feeling had grown so well known sometimes Jaemin didn't even notice it anymore. 

Jaemin sat down on the closed toilet seat, pulling out toilet paper and rubbing his tear stained cheeks with it. It wasn't soft like a tissue but it would do.

Jeno. Jaemin cried.

Jeno. 

Jeno was all Jaemin could ever think about. Memories of the dark haired jock popped into Jaemin's mind every time he was beginning to forget their short but wonderful time together. Jaemin pouted as he recalled his first date with Jeno. When Jeno had scooped him up from the bleachers and deep down he had loved the strong boy's arms around his thin body. Going out for pizza with the team, meeting all the others. FaceTimeing everyday to chat with on and other. Jeno calling him beautiful.

But of course every good thing must end.

You ruined it. A small voice fought to speak in Jaemin's noisy head. If you hadn't insisted on going to the party nothing would ever have gone wrong. It's your fault. 

My fault? Jaemin asked, pressing a finger to his chest. 

Yes your fault. The voice clarified. 

Jaemin choked back another wave of tears and stood up. The voice continued on telling him he was ugly, stupid, useless, he had destroyed Jeno's life, it was his fault. Jaemin tried to block out the sounds as he flushed the toilet and hurried to wash his hands.

"Jaemin." 

Jaemin tensed as freezing cold water hit his hands and the deep voice rung out in the empty restroom. He turned off the faucet, turning to face the way the voice had come from.

"What is it?" Jaemin asked, trying hard to put the same attitude in his voice from the first time he had met Jeno.

"Listen." The raven haired boy paced towards his companion until he was only inches apart from the boy. "I wanted to tell you I'm sorry."

"Sorry?" Jaemin scoffed, bitchy attitude recovered almost immediately. "Sorry? Will that magically delete the pictures Doyoung posted?"

Jeno bit his lip, tapping his foot nervously. "No it won't. But I just wanted you to know. I really miss talking with you and holding your hand Jaemin. I-I loved you. I love you Jaemin."

Jaemin averted his sightless gaze to his shoes, even though he couldn't see not wanting to look Jeno in the eyes. Only Jeno could break Jaemin's walls down. 

"And I will wait for you forever." 

Jeno grabbed Jaemin's wrist, causing the blue haired boy to open his mouth but Jeno shushed him. 

"If you would, go to prom with me?" Hope gleamed in Jeno's dark beautiful eyes. 

Jaemin paused, pushing the question aside. "Look Jeno. I feel we've been through this before. But," he held up a finger. "I'm finally ready to talk."

A knot in Jeno's stomach must have been released; a rush of relief hit the elder head on as Jaemin used his free hand to grab Jeno's other wrist so they were hand in hand.

"Always." Jeno responded, awaiting Jaemin's words.

Jaemin took a deep breath and began.

"Jeno. The first time I met you I had an idea of who you were. I believed you to be a flirtatious athlete who didn't care about anyone but yourself. You were number one, you were a player, and you only wanted to date me for show. People would think you're such a generous person, taking the poor little blind boy out to prom-"

"I'm not like that." Jeno interjected, getting defensive.

"Aish, let me finish." Jaemin snapped and continued. 

"Anyways, the day you asked me to be your boyfriend I had conflicting feelings. One half of me-no more like just a tiny part of me, the part I left unprotected from pain strived to be with you. I liked you, a lot even if it was only a little part of me. The rest, which I walled off to protect myself from more pain years ago told me to reject you faster than Jisung rejected my friendship." Jaemin sniffed, holding back the unlimited number of tears behind his eyes. "But I didn't. I demanded a salary, to be your boyfriend.

"Looking back on that, I was stupid. I shouldn't have been so selfish, wanting to pull you closer yet expecting money from you, you gullible lump." Jeno smiled, eyes crinkling at the sides, his tears welling up. 

"I was selfish Jeno! I was wrong! All I wanted-all I want is you."

Jaemin let out the monster, sobbing in front of his ex-boyfriend, feeling mortified and weak compared to him. "I just wanted to be loved." He cried, Jeno putting his arms around his neck and pulling him closer.

"I will always love you Jaemin." His voice came out shaky, as a tear rolled down his cheek and landed in the forest blue hair on the younger's head. "I want you to be mine too." 

The two hugged each other, crying, one silent one loudly and they stood. For what seemed like hours but was only minutes. Jeno broke the hug, looking down at his boyfriend.

"I never pitied you because I knew you were strong. I knew you were different. That's why I was so attracted to you. Something about you Jaemin makes my heart beat faster, my blood pump swifter. You are the one for me."

Jaemin nodded, intertwining his hand with Jeno's. 

"I suppose that's good news because you are the one for me too Lee Jeno."