Chapter 13

*please make sure to read the authors note!*

Tomorrow

It was late when the group got back to Mike's house. The sky was dark with only a few stars lighting up the night along with the moon. As they walked up the street they notice a few cars in Mike's driveway. One El immediately recognized.

"That's my father's truck." She pointed to the truck parked.

"Oh." Mike quietly said looking down a little disappointed. He really wanted to hang out with her more today.

El notice his change in mood and place a comforting hand on his shoulder. "Hey." She said with a tiny, understanding smile on her face. "We still have tomorrow, and Sunday until I leave on Monday. I'm not leaving just yet."

Mike put a small smile on his face to hide his disappointment of her leaving so soon. "Yeah. I'll see you tomorrow."

El nodded. "Tomorrow." Her smile grew a little wider. She started walking toward the truck where she saw her dad sitting in the front seat with the car on. Before she got to the car she turned around and waved at the party who was walking up the driveway. They waved back at her and watched as she got in the truck. Within a few seconds the truck roared to life and left the driveway.

Mike stood watching the car drive down to a stop and turn, leaving his vision completely. He couldn't wait for the next day to see her again. He was happy to know that she was here for him, and she went of her way to meet him.

Best birthday ever. Mike thought.

"Will!" Will's mother, Joyce, called out, pulling a mike out of his thoughts. She stood outside an older car with a cigarette in her hand. She waved at Will gaining more of his attention.

"I see you guys later." Will announced before running up to the car and getting in. It wasn't much longer until Joyce and Will were leaving the driveway, going the same way El and Hopper were going.

The group stood outside a moment longer in silence until it was broken by Lucas, "I should probably be getting home." He said starting to get his bike. "Happy birthday, Mike. Max, you coming?"

"Yeah," Max said grabbing her skateboard, "see ya guys later." She waved at Dustin and Mike. The couple left the two boys standing alone.

"So, is she everything you wanted and more?" Dustin asked when Lucas and Max were out of earshot.

Mike turned to him with confusion written on his face. "What?"

"El. Was she like you thought?" Dustin explained.

Mike thought for a second, she is amazing. "Yeah, she was." Mike nodded letting a small smile grow on his face at the thought of her.

"Well good." Dustin patted Mike's back before going to retrieve his bike. Right as he was about to take off, he turned to face Mike once again. "She seems cool. Little quiet, but cool."

Mike chuckled softly at his friend before waving him off and going into his house with a goofy grin on his face.

Tomorrow.

"So," Hopper started to talk from the driver's seat, "how did it go?"

The two had been in the car for about 2 minutes and those minutes were spent in silence. "Good." El said shyly, looking out at the dimly lit streets.

"What? That's all I get?" Hopper said being jokingly offended. "I drove us all the way down here and that's what I get?" He put on a tiny smile. "I'm so mad I could curse."

That's was enough for El to break out into a fit of giggles. She put her hand over her mouth to stifle her laughter. Once the giggles died down and she caught her breath she responded, "I had a lot of fun. His friends are nice."

"Good." Hopper said happy to have an actual answer finally. "You wanna come back tomorrow?"

El smiled at the question. It wasn't really a question in her eyes, it was more of a memory. Of her and Mike both saying she would be back the next day. "Please." She spoke softly but letting her excitement of the next day take over.

"Alright kid." Hopper smiled back at her, just happy that finally she's getting some friends. "Alright."

Authors note
There is something important I need to say.

(if you have read this in my other books than you can just skip it).

If you are an author on this app let me know! You guys have taken the time to read my book, I want to read your book. It doesn't have to be fan fiction, and if it is fan fiction it doesn't have to be stranger things! I'm apart of many fandoms! And if I don't know it, who knows, I might just watch the show or movie to understand it. So please comment your book and I promise I will check it out!

Thank you guys so much for reading this!!

Love ya❤️❤️❤️