A Portkey For Three

Muggle has reached 10 million reads!

Wow... I can't thank you guys enough for this! I love you all so much, and words honestly can't even express how grateful I am! ❤︎

So here's the third bonus chapter, but it certainly won't be the last! There will also be a fourth chapter added to 'Muggle' after this one. I hope you guys will enjoy it!

***

After hearing the news of being pregnant on her wedding night, Lexi's shock was noticeable on her face as she stared back at the healer.

"Come again?" she said, suddenly feeling out of breath.

"You're expecting a baby, Mrs. Weasley," the Healer repeated himself, smiling broadly.

Lexi then turned to face Fred to look for his reaction, but he was just as surprised as her upon hearing the news.

"I'll give you some time to rest," said the Healer, feeling like it was best to leave the couple alone for some while. "But don't worry about the nausea; it's completely normal at this stage of pregnancy. If you had any more questions, feel free to ask."

With that, the Healer left the two, and Lexi and Fred found themselves alone in the quiet room.

"Well... at least now we know I wasn't just getting chubby because of the wedding's stress-eating." Lexi chuckled nervously, trying to make jokes as a way to lessen the tension of the atmosphere.

But Fred didn't say anything in response, as though he hadn't even heard her. He was staring into distance, looking dazed with his eyes still wide.

Lexi had already gotten nervous after hearing the news, but with him staying this quiet, it was certainly increasing her anxiety.

"Freddie?" Lexi muttered.

"I... I'm..." Fred started to mumble under his breath, blinking a few times in confusion before finally turning to look at her with a grin. "I'm gonna be a dad!"

Lexi laughed when Fred suddenly leaned down and brought her into a hug. She felt her heartbeat picking up pace. Without being able to control herself, she felt happy tears form in her eyes. It was the sort of happiness she had never experienced in her life before.

     "Lex, this is... this is the best news I had ever gotten... in my entire life," said Fred as the two pulled away. "You're pregnant, for crying out loud!" he exclaimed.

     "Do you think — do you think we're ready for this?" Lexi whispered, her heart pounding in her chest from sheer happiness and excitement.

"I think we can figure it out on our own, along the way." Fred smiled, placing a soft kiss on her forehead. "I mean... how hard can raising a kid be?"

"Well, if this kid is anything like you and George, I think we're going to need all the help that we can get." Lexi chuckled.

***

After leaving Saint Mungo's, Lexi and Fred returned back to their house in London. They both still felt dazed, feeling as if this were a mere dream. With their hands intertwined, they walked into their quiet home, goofy smiles across both of their faces.

     Lexi was now feeling much better, because the Healer had given her a potion to help her cope with the nausea temporarily. So they both changed into their pajamas, getting back to bed after the long night. It felt as if days had passed from their wedding, even though it was just a few hours ago.