𝟶𝟷𝟼.

AMOUR
CHAPTER SIXTEEN ━━ the pink lady

the chapter after this one isn't important, so don't read it lol━━━━━━━━━━

━━━━━━━━━━

AFTER THE ACCIDENT, LYRA'S MOTHER DEMANDED HER TO COME BACK HOME. Lyra thought she was being overbearing when she put about a hundred cushions on her bed for her to sleep on. They were able to heal her leg in a day anyway. Her mother had come to bring her breakfast when she sat down on her bed, having a mixture of unsureness and concern on her face.

"What is it mum?" asked Lyra, noticing the odd look her mother was giving her.

"So," she began, "your father and I have been thinking-"

     "You mean you've been thinking. . ." Lyra cut in.

"No, your father and I. We've been thinking about not letting you play Quidditch this year." Her mother went in explaining about how worried they were when they heard about her injury but Lyra didn't listen. They couldn't possibly let her not play Quidditch, she had only played one year. Of course she thought Alicia wanted to play for her last year but this hit hard, very hard.

     "I'm fully healed so there's no need for that," Lyra drawled.

"Sweetheart we know that, but we just don't want any accidents to happen again," she went on, trying to sound as gentle as she could.

      "But this didn't even happen during Quidditch, it was because muggles don't know how to cement their grounds!"

"We know that but it can might as well happen during a Quidditch match." Then realisation hit and Lyra knew why they were doing this.

     "I know that Draco's your favourite, but this is just cruel," she deadpanned.

"That's not true and what do you mean?"

     Mum stop lying. "You're not letting me play because then It'll upset Draco like in second year when Gryffindor won the cup."

"Lyra that's in no way true and you know we don't play favourites," her mother soothed.

     "So explain then why I had to stay away from home this month and Draco didn't." Again her mother didn't respond, just like her father didn't those weeks ago. Why were they not answering her questions?

Weeks had passed until school started. Draco had flaunted about his prefect position the minute he got the letter. Lyra didn't get it at all, why would Dumbledore make a sod like her brother prefect? Didn't he notice all the taunting he did or did that not matter?