The Beach

With the sand underneath her toes and her wife acting as her lounge chair, Sukara was very relaxed on the beach. It was nice to let the kids run off some steam while she got to sit with Kuvira. The metal bender let her arms rest gently around her wife who was leaning on her while sitting between her legs. Her head rested on her shoulder as she nuzzled into Sukara's neck.

As they sat, they watched the kids play in the sea and on the sand, chasing each other and finding small creatures in the rocks. Although having three kids, there was always someone to play with, it was nice to see them all in a group like this.

"I think we're done," Kuvira said, pulling Sukara tighter into her arms, "after Azaaro, I adore him and everything but I don't think my sanity can take another one."

Sukara chuckled, leaning her head back onto Kuvira shoulder, "do they stress you out sweetie?"

"All the time," Kuvira smiled, "but that's their job I guess. I'll always worry about them. That's just the way it is."

Sukara smiled, rolling her head to lean on Kuvira's. Just enjoying the moment as they soaked up the sun together.

"Does anyone want a sandwich?" Tenzin asked, breaking the silence and making them sit up.

"No thank you Tenzin," Kuvira said, looking up at Tenzin's smiling face as he held the box of sandwiches.

With one hand, he pulled at the crumpled blanket to make a space for himself and Pema, who was making her was over.

"By the way, I meant to tell you about something that's been happening on the island," he said to Sukara as he settled himself down, "I told Korra the other day about it."

"Tenzin, are you really going to bother her with this now?" Pema sighed as she reached them, having heard his theories a million times.

"What? There's no time like the present," Tenzin smiled up at her as she paused for a moment before sitting down, "well, there's been these things happening on the island."

"Things?" Sukara said, raising an eyebrow as she sat up properly.

"Yes, odd things," Tenzin continued, clearly invested in this, "now, Pema and the girls think that it's just the ocean but Meelo and I are convinced that someone is sneaking onto the island."

"Right," Sukara nodded, not sure why he was telling her this, "did you go and look? Wait for someone to come back?"

"We did our own investigation yes," Tenzin confirmed, causing Pema to roll her eyes, "Meelo and I had a stake out of the hot spots of activity and he suggested that we enlist the help of an avatar in order to crack the case since Jinora won't help us."

"Right," Sukara laughed, shrugging as she accepted his challenge, "sure. Whatever, I'll take a look."