ii. buckbeak and draco is weak

PARIS WAS PLEASED TO GET OUT OF THE CASTLE AFTER LUNCH

PARIS WAS PLEASED TO GET OUT OF THE CASTLE AFTER LUNCH. the previous day's rain had cleared; and the sky was clear, and the grass was springy and damp underfoot as she set off to her first care of magical creatures class.

   hagrid led the gryffindors and slytherins who were attending his lesson to a clearing in the forest. "right, you lot— open your books to page 49."

"and how exactly do we do that?" malfoy asked incredulously, scowling at the large man.

"just stroke the spine, of course!" hagrid said. "goodness me..."

unlike the majority of the class, paris had already managed to open her book— it was by accident really: when she first bought hers from flourish and blotts— but still managed.

"i think they're funny." hermione shrugged, watching harry struggle to stroke the spine of the fluffy book without it snarling at him.

"oh, yeah. terribly funny." draco began, his voice thick with sarcasm. "really witty! god, this place has gone to the dogs. wait until my father hears that dumbledore has got this oath teaching classes!" his friends began to chortle next to him.

"shut up, malfoy." harry spat, marching towards him.

"ooh!" he and his gang chuckled in amusement.
"potter, behind you!" draco stammered, his face full of faux-fear. "dementor! dementor!" he warned, pointing up at the sky.

harry immediately spun around, but soon noticed there was nothing there and he had been pranked.

draco and his gang burst out laughing, pulling up their hoods and whistling to imitate the horrifying wail of dementors.

"oh, leave off, draco." paris rolled her eyes at him, pulling down the hood of his robes. the latter was about to say something back, but they were interrupted by hagrid clearing his throat.

"da-da-da!" he waved his hands up in the air, displaying the large creature behind him. "isn't he beautiful?" he gushed, throwing a dead ferret which it quickly snapped up in its beak. "say hello to buckbeak!"