Chapter 9

Kai's POV

I just went straight to the kitchen. I am really thirsty because dad made me check the surveillance camera placed on the street near this mansion.

I saw Cole with his whole family. Shit! I saw his grandfather again. You can't imagine how scared I was of him since I was a kid.

Did he just ask me to eat with him in front of everyone? I asked him to focus on them and we'll talk later.

I walked towards the kitchen to get some water.

"I am not bullying him. Kai is my boyfriend."

I heard it loud and clear from where I am standing.

I spit out the water back to my glass due to so much surprise. He said it loudly. He just announced to everyone that I am his boyfriend. We never talked about it yet. He just decided on his own. Boyfriend? I am Cole's boyfriend? I can't imagine being in a relationship with my boss.

Just when he dropped it, my phone started vibrating nonstop. I received a message from dad and mom.

"Since when is this? Are you aware of what you are entering?" Dad must hear it from the main door. How could Cole announce it loudly?

"I am in the surveillance room. Did Cole force you?" Mom talked to me via radio device. He must hear it too. Cole will never force me. Some can't understand him but I swear he is such a good person.

Some of the guards were congratulating me.
My problem now is how can I go back to my post without being noticed by them. I can remember how everyone looked at me earlier like I was prey. Those people on that table all exude an intimidating aura. They will kill me once I offended Cole. Cole is the baby of this family, the beloved grandson, and the only child. I am now doomed.

Cole's POV

"I am not bullying him. Kai is my boyfriend."

Everyone is staring at me. They know I will never joke around about this.

It was daddy Gab who broke the silence.

"Gulf, bro... What's your say on this?" Daddy Gab can't stop laughing. He is teasing mom, but it was dad who is getting agitated.

"Stop it, Gab." My dad said.

"Why? I just can't. Hahaha. Who would have thought that the unfinished love story of parents will be passed on to the kids?" Now I get it.

"That love story you are saying never happened to them." My dad answered. He is obviously annoyed.

"Oh, really? Are you sure about that?"

"Daddy Gab, I liked Kai even before I knew about that. It has nothing to do with them. Right, mom?"

"You know it well, Gab. It was only Mew from the very beginning. I never fell for anyone except him." Mom trying to massage dad's hand.

"Okay if you say so! Why so affected you cute couple? I am just teasing and I got the reaction that I am expecting." Daddy Gab said.

"Cole, is that kid aware that you two are in a relationship? By the looks of him earlier, he is like a scared pup." Mama Type asked.

"Of course, mama. I made sure of it after confessing last night." I said confidently.

"If you are so sure about it, then it's fine but I am telling you that kid is just 18 if I remembered it correctly."
Dada told us.

It was mama Type's turn to laugh. "Why babe? What's wrong with 18? Did it happen to ring a bell?" He then turns his gaze at me. "I was 18 too when someone asked me to be his boyfriend and even locked me in his house." He was laughing so hard.