Chapter 24 -Dark thoughts-

After the startling events of the previous night, I had returned to the manor immediately. Lucius came and got me, a proud look on his face upon finding me with Potter. We apparated back and as soon as we were in the manor I was engulfed by a large hug.

"Where were you!" Draco exclaims, his arms still wrapped tightly around me.

"She had business to attend do , now let her be we have matters to discuss." Lucius droned

"Yes Father." Draco replied in a dull tone and trudged his way out of the room. Turning my attention towards Lucius I straightened by posture.

"You have done very well, very well indeed. However, I'm sure you know that the dark mark being cast was not apart of the plan." He sat back in the his chair bringing the cane into his lap.

"I was aware, you surely know I could not have casted the dark mark." I replied a slight bitterness in my voice.

"Of course I am not a fool, but I know that you saw it casted." He looks at me with an arched brow.

"Yes, I was present but it was impossible to see his face." I retorted.

"Very well, I expect you to remain on your guard as always and continue your studies. You may leave." He shooed me away with his hand and returned to filling out paperwork.

Gritting my teeth I stormed my way up to my room and flopped down on my bed. He acted as though I didn't matter, as if I was just a tool for his personal gain. I didn't want to constantly read about evil curses and be lectured about how filthy muggleborns are. Nevertheless, my feelings are irrelevant in this household, I am irrelevant. Did it ever occur to him that I didn't want to become a death eater at the age of 16. Sure I would dutifully follow his tasks of right now to avoid being cast out on the streets, but it didn't mean I liked them. Or did I?

Did I like seeing the terror in everyone's eyes, that sense of power ?

The little voice in the back of my head spoke up and I buried my face in my hands. I can't give into the darker side of my mind, for if I did my path would be surely set. Maybe it was the path I was supposed to take though, Trelawney did say I would go down the road of darkness. For all I know, this was my destiny, a life full of terror and preying on the weak. What was becoming of me? The dark lord was evil and cruel, a man devoted to death and destruction.

But he was also great, was he not?

The little voice spoke up once more and I let out a frustrated groan. My mind was wondering father into the dark and although I should be afraid, a small part of me was content.

Fred Weasley's Pov:

The rain was hammering down as we were soaked, wheeling our way into the station. Discreetly running into the barrier, Platform 9 3/4 materialized in front of us. The Hogwarts Express, stood before us, steam pouring out the top as it prepared for departure. We all waved goodbye after Mom gave us a cryptic message about an event taking place this year. In one final attempt to get her to explain what she meant I shouted out the window after boarding the train.

"Tell us what's happening at Hogwarts! What rules are they changing?" I bellowed as she and my brothers walked away, not answering my question.

"Say Lee do you know anything about what's happening." George asked from beside me.

"Not a clue mate, not a clue." Lee sighed.

" Guess we'll find out later." I say gloomily. Crossing my legs I lean back against the window and sigh.

"Anyway, how was the cup?" Lee questions excitedly.

"It was great aside from almost getting killed by death eaters." George grimaces at the memory of the cloaked figures.

"Oh and the lovely encounter we had with the Malfoys." I add.

"Let me guess, Rees?" Lee smirks.

"More like Lucius, he was probably one of those bloody Death Eaters." I snarl thinking back at his evil stare and constant sneer.

"I wouldn't be surprised if Rees was in on it either." George quips gesturing to the girl a few compartments down.

"She has actually been less of a bitch recently." I remark looking out the window.

"I think Freddie is in love with her new features." George whispers to Lee and winks.

"Yeah she's quite fit now isn't she." Lee looks at the girl as she reaches up to put away her luggage.

"Stop staring at her you pervert." I smack him on the arms and he dramatically cries out.

"She's obviously still evil though." George nudges me on the shoulder motioning towards what she was currently reading. In her lap sat a book with the title of A Volume of Dark Hexes. She looked thoroughly interested , carefully turning the pages and not daring to look up.

That was until a first year Gryffindor came stumbling into her compartment. She lifted her gaze to the boy and smiled sweetly as she talked to him. However, apparently it was just a facade as the boy left the compartment with tears in his eyes and she smirked, reading her book once more.

"That's not a good sign." Lee wearily states as I slightly frown. She had been somewhat pleasant recently, but it was all probably just some elaborate scheme to get me to let my guard down. That poor first year had done nothing wrong, but yet she felt the need to be so cruel. Any positive feelings I had towards her were washed away and replaced with my previous stone cold hatred.

We talked for the rest of the journey, making up elaborate ideas as to what would be taking place this year. Casting occasional glares of loathing towards the Slytherin girl in hopes she would catch my eyes, she remained faithful to her reading. Before I knew it, the train was pulling into the Hogsmeade station as students exited the train.

We made our way into the castle, the torch-lit entrance barely visible due to the rain. Entering the castle we made sure to quickly get out of the way as Peeves dropped water balloons on students. Watching in amusement as people continued to get drenched by Peeves, a shriek rang out.

"YOU PATHETIC GHOST I WOULD KILL YOU IF YOU WEREN'T ALREADY DEAD!" The Slytherin girl shouted as she attempted to wring the water out of her robes. George and I burst into laughter at the sight of her fuming face and wet clothes.

"Relax Snake you don't look any worse than usual." I yell and students around us begin to snicker. She gave me a cold glare and preformed a warming spell on herself, drying her clothes.

"You're one to talk Weasel considering the poor condition of your robes." She snapped angrily before walking away, a sour look on her face.

"Slytherin Bitch." George and I muttered in unison as we slipped into the Great hall. Watching the girl shove by people I realized this year was definitely going to be something to remember.