The Bathroom Stall|Note Twenty

Note Twenty

From: Jacklyn Wuertz To: Cora Roberts
Can we get 2gether after school at like Starbucks or something?
Sent 9/10 2:15 p.m.

From: Cora Roberts To: Jacklyn Wuertz
Sure! :) I'll meet you there in fifteen minutes :)
Sent 9/10 2:17 p.m.

The smell of vanilla wafted over to me as I entered the small coffee shop, and I took an appreciative sniff before I spotted Jacklyn in the corner and headed towards her.

"Hey." I muttered, dropping my stuff down and giving her a small smile.

"Rob asked me to Homecoming!" The brunette squealed, bouncing in her seat so much that her curls flew in the air with each hyperactive movement.

"He-he did? Congrats Jackie!" I said brightly, giving her a big smile and a hug over the table, even though the smile felt forced.

"I'm just so happy he finally asked since Homecoming is three weeks aways and I didn't know if he would ask even though we've been dating for a year and- Are you okay Cora?"

I looked up sharply, and gave her another grin. "Yeah, yeah, I'm good."

"Are you sure? I mean, I didn't want to make you feel bad because of the whole Terrence thing and I know you're probably still suffering and whatnot but I mean I just felt so happy that I just, you know, had to-"

"It's fine. Really, silly. I'm happy for you and Rob." I cut in, mentally rolling my eyes at how talkative Jackie was being. "Tell me all about it, okay? But I need to go get my frappie and some coffee bread. I'll be right back, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. OMG I'm so excited!"

This time I did roll my eyes at her, grabbing my wallet, but as I stood, a muscular arm blocked my path. Looking up at an unfamilair face as the guy grinned at me, I fell back in my seat as he bent down on one knee and flourished a boutique of white roses in front of my face.

"Carrie Roberts, will you go to Homecoming with me?"