Chapter 56

Author's Note

Crookshanks just reached 1 million reads! I cannot possibly express how grateful I am! It would've been impossible to get this far without you guys, so I want thank you a thousand times for reading, and I hope you'll enjoy the rest of the story! ❤︎

***

As planned, Jenna and Sirius left the Potter Manor the following day, after midnight, flying off to Spain with Buckbeak. Jenna had casted an Disillusionment Charm upon all of them to prevent the Muggle to sight them in the night sky.

Sirius had pocketed the rest of the money which Mickey had taken from his vault, knowing that they would need to leave off it for the next few weeks in their journey.

Although Jenna had another way of packing. Taking out an old box from the back of her closet, she had casted an Undetectable Extension Charm on it, allowing them to fit anything they wanted in it; including clothings, a few wrapped up sandwiches which Jenna had made, and even their old family tent, along with many other things that she thought they would need.

It took them long hours, but they finally arrived to their destination. They had long ago read about a small Wizarding town in west Spain in their History of Magic class, and so they landed in a forest nearby the town.

They set Buckbeak free for the time being so he could go and hunt in the forest on his own. Sirius got up to set the tent, meanwhile Jenna was busy casting the protection charms around them.

The tent might've seemed small from the outside, but like any other magical tent, it was enormous from the inside; even bigger and more glorious than some others.

At nights, Buckbeak would go for a fly around the forest, returning to where Jenna and Sirius were staying each time before sunrise.

Jenna, being able to shift into any person she desired, was able to go to the Wizarding town every day and buy something to eat with the money Sirius had brought.

In the last decade, or perhaps even longer, this was probably the most peaceful that the two of them had felt. It seemed like a well-deserved holiday after years and years of yearning and pain.

Watching the stars at night and taking a walk by the river in the afternoons was certainly the best parts of their days, and the quietness of the forest except for the birds singing was the most enjoyable.

Sirius had insisted on sending a letter to Harry after a while, to ensure the boy that he was safe. So after writing the letters, Jenna would transform into a random person and get back to the Wizarding town to sent it.

But unlike in England, the delivery service in Spain was a bit different. Because rather than owls, they had large and colorful birds to send the letters.

So Jenna used to amuse herself by picturing the looks of shock and fury on the Dursleys' faces when those birds bursted into their house by the windows.

"Do you think Harry liked the birthday cake we sent him?" Jenna asked Sirius as they were sitting beside the river early that morning.

"I hope so." Sirius chuckled.

Jenna then sighed happily, leaning her head on his shoulder as Sirius wrapped an arm around her, their eyes fixed upon the seemingly still river.

"Hey, Jenny?" Sirius started after a short while, gently stoking her hair which had fallen loosely behind her back.

"Hmm?" Jenna mumbled, peacefully listening to the gentle sound of the flowing water.

"Why don't you turn your hair blue anymore?" he mused.

Jenna raised her head and looked back at him in surprise, not expecting to hear that question.

"I don't know," she said earnestly after some while of thinking, shrugging. "I guess... that was just a thing for when I was younger, to get all crazy with my hair color and change it every once in a while. I used to love it back then."

"Well... I certainly wouldn't complain if you decided to get all crazy with it again," Sirius tried to say as casually as possible, though his grin said otherwise.

Jenna opened her mouth to reply, but she then frowned when she sighted a white bird flying toward them from afar, through the tall trees.

"Is that — that's Hedwig!" she exclaimed, quickly getting off to her feet. "It must be from Harry!"

      The snowy owl flew forward and drew closer and closer to them, until she finally dropped the letter which she was carrying in Jenna's hands, before landing on a tree branch nearby, resting her wings.

With one last glance at Sirius, Jenna briskly opened up the envelope and took out the letter from inside it, reading it out loud for him.

Dear Sirius,

Thanks for your last letter. That bird was enormous; it could hardly get through my window.

Things are the same as usual here. Dudley's diet isn't going too well. My aunt found him smuggling doughnuts into his room yesterday. They told him they'd have to cut his pocket money if he keeps doing it, so he got really angry and chucked his PlayStation out of the window.

That's a sort of computer thing you can play games on. Bit stupid really, now he hasn't even got Mega-Mutilation Part Three to take his mind off things.

I'm okay, mainly because the Dursleys are terrified you might turn up and turn them all into bats if I ask you to.

A weird thing happened this morning, though. My scar hurt again. Last time that happened it was because Voldemort was at Hogwarts.

Jenna stopped reading the letter abruptly, looking back up at Sirius in horror upon those words, unable to say anything herself. With his brows furrowing, Sirius quickly got up to his feet and walked toward Jenna, looking down at the letter to read the rest of it with concern.

But I don't reckon he can be anywhere near me now, can he? Do you know if curse scars sometimes hurt years afterward?

I'll send this with Hedwig when she gets back; she's off hunting at the moment. Say hello to Buckbeak for me.

Harry