Chapter 61: Sleepover!

Callie cleans up the kitchen, hearing Zach and Kaiser playing in the other room.

            "Well, Zach is distracting Kaiser so we can clean up," Josh informs her, starting the water for the dishes.

            "Good, that means the adults can also talk."

            "And what are we talking about?"

             "Well, I would like to discuss setting a wedding date," Callie says, sliding the plates and the silverware into the soapy water. "Kaiser is going to be turning one next month, so we have that party to plan, or I do since your lack thereof of party planning," Callie winks, nudging Josh.

            "So, you're hinting to me that you would like to get married after Kaiser turns one? Here in the next couple months at least?"

             Callie smiles, not answering as she grabs the dishrag and walks over to the counter to wipe it down. The quietness interrupted by Zach and Kaiser squealing with excitement, more Kaiser than Zach.

            "How about this?" Josh begins. "We get everything going on Kai's party, the cake, invitations, you know, the works and in the meantime," Josh says, drying his hands before sliding them on Callie's hips, "you and my mom, your mom, my sisters, they all can help you because I'm sure they would jump right on that," he winks. Josh leans in, firmly planting his lips on Callie's forehead.

             "Really?" Callie smiles big.

            "Of course," Josh reassures.

             "It won't be moving too fast?" Callie asks, leaning back against the counter.

             "Honey, we've been moving too fast since the first day we met," he says. "Besides, I'm ready to refer to you as my wife instead of fiancée."

            Callie laughs. "Yeah, that's true," laying her head on his chest, closing her eyes.

             "Well, I'm ready to be tied down to you. So, you just start planning your little heart away," he says, kissing the top of her head.