23.

Giselle
One month later
August 10th

"Where y'all bout' to go?" My auntie called from the couch as me, Mila, Lani and Angel made our way out of the front door.

"To the store." We all spoke in unison before leaving completely.

"Oh my god, I need a water ice. It hot as shit." I complained, considering it was hot as hell today.

It was August and the summer was inching closer and closer toward being over but I knew as soon as fall came around I would have to start working so I didn't complain too much.

"I'm about to get one too." Mila said as she scrolled her phone and we all made our way down to the corner toward my mom mom's store.

"So where Abir been at?" Lani ended up asking me as they all looked at me, waiting for a response.

Me and Abir hadn't been seeing each other as much as we used to this month because he was "working" a lot more these days. Nobody else knew but I knew he had a new house to spend money on and things to do so I understood but that didn't mean I missed him any less.

"He's been working." Was all I said pouting alittle as they nodded their heads.

When we finally made it to the store, we saw a bunch of guys as usual and surprisingly Kayla with her group of friends.

"Hm." I looked at Mila out of the corner of my eye and she looked back at Lani and Angel but we all said nothing, making our way into the store.

"Can I get a blueberry water ice?" I asked, feeling my stomach grumbling for this water ice.

I'd been thinking about it since I woke up this morning. I really needed to have this.

"Just one?" He asked and I nodded, watching as he scooped it from the Tin and put in a cup for me.

When he did, I gave him the dollar before I stood by the door, waiting for them to finish getting what they were getting. They didn't take long but when they were done, I was already halfway finished my water ice.

"Damn, G." Mila laughed at me as we all walked out of the store.

"Keep eating that water ice like that and Abir just gon' have to be mad because I'ma have to put your ass on a corner."

"Make me some money." She went on joking about pimping me out and I laughed loud, making Kayla and her friends look over at us while we walked.

"What's funny?" I heard her say as she slanted her lips, making all of us stop in our tracks.

"Yo, Chill." Poodie spoke up from the group of guys but Lani was already putting her stuff down while Angel followed suit.

She would've did better keeping her mouth shut because they wanted Kayla since the night I'd gotten into that fight.

Saying nothing else, they both ran up on Kayla and started beating the breaks off of her. My eyes went wide when they did while everybody began to crowd around them as Asia tried to jump in hut Mila dropped her shit, running over to get in it as well.