Chapter 60: The Wedding

T H E   W E D D I N G

———

One night. Just one night of fun and celebration. Is that truly too much to ask for?
~~~

Mal's POV

I adjusted my blue dress as I walked into the tent, admiring all the decorations and space that could exist in a simple tent. I jumped when I felt someone come up from behind and pick me up, immediately trying to raise my wand at the intruder. I released it when I heard Fred's laugh. Arse. I smacked his arm and he finally put me down.

"You're such an arse Frederick Weasley!" I made a move to punch his abdomen and he jumped back, having my fist avoid it by a mere couple centimeters.

"Shut it pancakes, you know you love me." He teased.

"Lucky me." I rolled my eyes and took a drink from a waiter, enjoying it's bittersweet taste. Being 18 has it's advantages.

"You look positively radiant." He complimented me and took my hand, spinning me around once and admiring my simple blue dress with small golden details along the neckline.

"Thank you. And you look dashing." I complimented and smiled at him, admiring his semi-formal look.

He let go of my hand and crossed his arms over his chest. "So... how long do you give it?"

"Give what?" I asked, taking another sip of my drink.

"Them." He nodded towards Bill and Fleur.

I frowned and nudged him. "You're so bad. I give them their lifetime together. They both look in love." I eyed them sadly. Feeling incredibly nostalgic of the person I lost a couple months ago.

They're in love. Though that doesn't always mean they'll remain together forever. But Bill seems nice, I bet he's not hiding some huge dark secret. They'll be fine.

"True. My brother loves her. Doesn't stop talking about her, bloody annoying if you ask me." He rolled his eyes and took my drink from my hands to have a taste.

"You say that now because you've never been in love. Just wait, I'll stand by and watch you one day when you do fall in love. I'll enjoy how much of an idiot you become. A bigger idiot that is." I teased and snatched my drink back.

"I don't know about that. I'm not like George, I don't think I'll ever find someone that I could take seriously." I could hear the tone of insecurity in his voice, despite him trying to hide it and decided to reassure him.

"You just need to find your balance. You will, trust me. As long as she's blind so she doesn't have to wake up and see you every morning." I teased and Fred rolled his eyes at me

"Wait... let's make a promise." My stomach twisted into a knot at the mention.

Promises?

"I don't like promises." I replied firmly.

People make promises but never keep them. At least not in my experience.

He ignored me. "Shush. Listen: if by let's say... thirty, both of us are lonely old hags, we get together. Get married, have a family, the whole thing." He proposed.

"A: I will not be a hag. B: sure. Why not? Molly already seems to like me." I shrugged.

He gave me a look. "My mum loves you."

"And I do her. But I bet you'll have someone by then." I admitted.

"I don—"

"Freddie!" I cringed at hearing a high pitched voice and saw a girl in a flashy pink dress walking toward us. A walking neon pink highlighter. Fun.