Welcome to the Studio

"Mom? Do you know where dad is?"

I had been wandering around the house and I noticed he wasn't here. I went to mom for answers.

"Oh, he went back to his old workplace because a friend invited him over. He hasn't been there in about 30 years." She replied.

"Oh."

That makes sense. He'll probably come home tonight. It's fine.

(Henry's POV)

Bendy's alive.

I'm trapped in the studio. Joey, what're you doing?

I need to get out.

I have to get back to my girls.

(Your POV)

He didn't come home tonight.

He didn't come home the night after that. And after that. And after that.

Where is he?

Mom's trying to stay positive. He's probably staying in Joey's mansion. This is fine.

But it's not fine.

I decided I'm going to the studio to go look for him. I'm going in the night, so mom won't try and stop me. I'm leaving a note, too.

When I got there via taxi, I had no idea why dad would've wanted to come here. It's a dump. It's old and uncared for, abandoned, and it looks like it would collapse on you at any minute.

Maybe in its heyday it looked nicer.

I opened the door and received an odd sight.

The floor was completely covered in a gooey, black substance. There was a flickering projector providing light in the back, and there were cardboard cutouts of a cartoon character who looked like some sort of devil.

"Dad? Dad, are you here?" I shouted before walking in. "It's me. It's (Y/N)— AHHHH!!"

I was cut off because I fell into a large hole that I couldn't see, because it was just as dark as the stuff surrounding it.

I'm falling.

Great.

But something strange happened.

The gooey black stuff moved.

It came together to catch me as I was falling before I hit anything, like it was alive.

It lifted me back up to the other side of the hole, so I couldn't go back outside.

I didn't move.

I didn't walk. I didn't continue my search for my father at that moment.

I just turned around and stared at the hole. Then I looked down at the black liquid surrounding me.

"What is this?" I asked myself, not expecting anyone to answer.

But something did.

"It's ink." A soft voice said. He sounded like a young man. I whipped around. Who said that?

"Who are you?" I asked, not knowing where to look, and so just glancing around the room.

"You don't know who I am?" The voice asked in reply. "It seems as if everyone does here."

"Well, I just came. So how could I know you?"

"True. But it's just odd for me. Don't people know me from outside?"

"No...I didn't know there was anyone here at all. Well, I think my father is but—"

"Your father?"

"He got a letter telling him to come here. Did this place always look like this or did it change when he came?"

"Yes and no. It was always getting old. But the machine hasn't been turned on in a very long time."

"Machine?"

"The Ink Machine. It's very close. Just go down the hall to your left."

A little confused but wanting answers, I went down the hallway. I found an entrance to a room of some sort that was labeled "Ink Machine" with a lightning bolt underlining it.

Going into the small hallway and tripping over a pipe, I made my way to the doorway...that was boarded up.

Uhm.

"I can't see it, these boards are in the way." I said to myself, again, not expecting an answer.

"Sorry about that." The voice spoke again. It made me jump. "I can take them off, but I'll have to come out. I look frightening. You'll run away."

Poor guy.

"I won't. I'll stand here, and you can move them. I won't move." I say.

"You can't promise that you won't be scared of me. Everyone is."

"Well, this girl can. Give me a chance? I won't be scared."

"Alright. I'm coming out."

Impatient to see him, I started bouncing a bit.

I saw a blackened figure come around the corner, so I could see it through the boards.

My bouncing stopped. I gasped a bit. No wonder people were scared of him.

But, I kept my promise. I didn't move.

He put a clawed hand onto one of the boards, a gloved underneath, and ripped it out. He continued this method until all the boards were gone and I could see him clearly.

He was extremely tall. His head was dripping in the black stuff, and it seemed to have horns on it. His face was mostly covered, enough that I could only see his mouth. I could tell that his face was originally some sort of yellow color. As I looked down his body, I noticed he had a bow tie that was crooked, the same color as his face. One of his hands was black and clawed, while the other had a glove on, the kind you would see a cartoon character wear. He also had a long tail, that ended in an arrowed spike in the end, like a devil. His whole body seemed to make the black slime, it looked like it was oozing out of him and he was completely dripping.

He was frightening.

But the look on his face gave me a bit of comfort.

He had a small smile. One that a friend would give you. Just a little smirk.

"I knew you would be scared," he began, looking over me. "But I didn't think you wouldn't run away."

"I keep my promises." Was all I said. I was too mesmerized by this towering...thing.

"I'd like to know your name, if that's alright." He said, a bit shy. I guess he'd never gone this far in introductions before.

"I'm (Y/N)." I replied. "And you?"

He paused, as if trying to remember what his name was.

"I'm..." he started, trying to grasp in his mind his name.

"Bendy."