CHAPTER SEVENTEEN✔️

dedicated to katelynnstories because of her comment on this chapter; it made me smile (:

SEVENTEEN | THERE IS NOTHING I CAN REALLY SAY

There was a knock on Elena Gilbert's door, and Arabella went to get it as Elena was changing.

"Salvatores," Arabella greeted with a smirk.

"Bella?" The two brothers asked in confusion.

"She slept over, can I help you?" Elena questioned, coming down the stairs and pulling down her shirt.

"Can we talk?" asked Stefan.

"Why?" Elena inquired, crossing her arms
over her chest.

"We went to see Katherine," Damon replied.

Elena looked at Bella, who shrugged.

"Come on in," Elena said, opening the door wider so the brothers could walk in. The four moved into the kitchen to talk.

"Why did you guys visit Katerina?" asked Bella.

"We were trying to see if we could get the moonstone from her," Stefan said.

"Let me guess, she said no but offered something you two did not like?" questioned Arabella.

"She said she would leave Mystic Falls forever if Bonnie could get her out," Stefan said.

"You guys don't really believe her, do you?" Elena inquired.

"No, of course not. We just want the moonstone," Damon stated.

"According to Rose's friend Slater, there's a way to destroy the spell that Klaus wants to break," Stefan mentioned. Arabella bit her tongue to keep herself from snickering. Elijah obviously compelled this Slater guy.

"No spell, no doppleganger sacrifice, ergo you live," Damon said.

"How do you destroy it?" questioned Arabella. She wanted to know how clever Elijah was with his imagination.

"By releasing it from the moonstone," Stefan answered Arabella. Arabella wanted to snort at how blatant it was. Releasing it from the moonstone, had Elijah gone mad?

"How do you guys know this is even gonna work?" Elena asked, who seemed a bit skeptical of the whole idea.

"'Cause we have a crafty witch on our side," Damon remarked.

"You discussed it with Bonnie," Elena stated flatly.

"She agreed to do anything that could help us," Stefan spoke and shrugged.

"Oh good lord, it's Katherine who has the moonstone! I taught her every single trick in the Arabella manipulative handbook, she has to be lying," Arabella declared.

"She's not gonna give it to you," Elena agreed with the strawberry-blonde.

"We're gonna get it from her," Stefan stated.

"What he means to say is that we'll pry it from her cold, dead hand," Damon said.

"No, if anyone is going to kill Katerina it'll be me or one of my family members. I reckon we deserve it the most," Arabella muttered.

"Right, you're plan B." Damon said, pointing towards Arabella.

"I'm not a pregnancy test, Damon," the strawberry-blonde snapped. Damon glared at her.