Chapter 1- Moving In

Key:
Y/N = Your Name
L/N = Last Name
N/N = Nickname
E/C = Eye color
H/C = Hair color
H/L = Hair length
H/S = Hair style (curly, straight, etc)
S/C = Skin color
H/T = Hometown (if you're from LA then make something up)
----------------------
Y/N walked out of her apartment, locking the door behind her. Her parents had decided to suddenly pack up and move to Los Angeles for no particular reason. Well, there probably was a reason, her parents just didn't give one.

Y/N rolls her eyes at the thought of her parents. She wasn't even sure she could call them that. Yes, they raised her and provided for her, and for that she was grateful but they didn't care for her. Sometimes she thought they only took care of her so they would avoid going to jail...again.

A few doors down, Y/N heard the door close to another apartment. She glanced over to see a boy around her age, leaving his apartment. He had jet black hair that sticks up a little in the front, with soft brown eyes. The sun shone done, hitting his fair brown skin, making it look like he was glowing. Saying he was cute, was an understatement in Y/N's opinion.

Feeling her gaze, the boy looked up and smiled. Y/N thought she was gonna melt on the spot. He approached her and stuck out his hand. "Hi, I'm Miguel Diaz. I just moved in." He introduced. Y/N took his hand and shook it. "I'm Y/N L/N and I just moved in as well." She replied. "That's great! Now I have someone to hang out with... well if you want to... you don't have to it's just...uh." Miguel stammered, stumbling over his words. Y/N giggled. His stuttering was quite adorable.

"I'd love to hang out with you Miguel." She said, smiling. Miguel was a bit taken aback. He never really had friends, especially girls. He was a bit surprised that a girl as beautiful as Y/N wanted to hang out with him. When he saw her staring at him, he thought he was going to faint on the spot.

Her E/C eyes seem to sparkle as she smiled, her S/C skin gleaming in the sunlight, making her glow. Her H/L, H/C, H/S hair contrasted beautifully with her skin and eyes. Saying she was beautiful was an understatement in Miguel's opinion. A door slammed open, shaking the two teenagers from their staring contest. A man with sandy blonde hair stepped out of his apartment with a bag of garbage in one hand and a red toolbox in the other.

He had bags under his eyes, which looked a bit glazed like he had just woken up from an intense hangover. His face was unshaven, his hair disheveled and his clothes were a little wrinkled. Y/N never liked to judge but she could tell this man needed some help. "Hey, I'm Miguel. My family and I just moved into 109." Miguel introduced, smiling at the man. The man rolled his eyes and continued walking.

"Great. More immigrants." He stated unamusedly. As he walked, the trash bag he was holding clanked, confirming Y/N's suspicion that the man did wake up from a hangover. "Actually, we're from Riverside." Miguel corrected, still following the man.

Y/N trailed behind Miguel, wondering why he even bothered. The man wanted to be left alone. "I was wondering if you were having trouble with your water pressure, 'cause I know our sink's being weird right now and..." Miguel cut himself short as he watched the man throw his bag of bottles into the trash bin. "Bottles go in the blue bin," Miguel stated, wincing as the man slammed the lid. Y/N chuckled at Miguel.

"Listen, Menudo, I've lived in this shithole for over ten years. The pipes don't work. The fountain's full of piss. The only good thing here is that I don't have to talk to anybody. So nice knowing you." The man said. "Come on Miguel let's go he obviously wants to be left alone," Y/N stated. The man nodded, pointing at her. "See she gets it." He said before walking over to his car.

"Ok, well, have a nice day, I guess," Miguel said confused. The man didn't even acknowledge him as he got in his car, started the engine, and drove off, leaving the two teenagers alone again. "Well, now what?" Y/N asked. "Want to come meet my mom and grandma?" Miguel suggested. Y/N nodded. "Sounds like fun."