15•|BASKETBALL|

/CHAPTER FIFTEEN/

~NOTHING HOLDS YOU BACK
MORE THAN YOUR OWN
INSECURITIES~
UNKNOWN 🌺

(Song; MELO by Liya)

Please sorry for the late update. I promise that as from tomorrow I'll be updating regularly 🤗

Cover credit. tentimileyin i love you babe.

The upcoming story is 🙈 love y'all.

~CHASE~

Looking out the empty street through the window like I'd been doing since the early morning, out of boredom, I got tired and looked away from the window. My home school teacher had called that he wasn't going to make it, so I was left at home with my Nanny Theresa, some few maids, and Pink's Nanny, while pink herself was in school.

I strolled to the front of the mirror in my room and stared at myself, at age eleven I was tall and could easily pass as a fifteen years old. I raised my hand up, taking a look at my bandaged wrist, then I raised my top a little to get a proper view of my stomach from the mirror, and it was also bandaged all thanks to her who entered into my bathroom to ruin my fun. I dropped my top down and moved away from the mirror.

I went out of my room, moving around the large house, my Nanny Theresa was nowhere to be found, I only came across two maids as I kept parabulating the house, then I heard voices coming from the kitchen and it sounded so much like her. To be honest I wasn't even aware that she was back from work, so I walked to the direction of the kitchen and the voices became two, I didn't mean to eavesdrop but when I heard my name, curiosity got the best of me.

". . .I really don't know what to do about him," she said, her voice cracking a bit while I placed my ear on the kitchen door. "i'm scared. . . Femi, I'm really scared."

"All will be well dear, I promise," I heard the deep baritone voice say.

There was silence for some seconds, and I wanted to enter into the kitchen to greet them when she spoke again.

"Don't you think it's time to get help?" she asked and I wondered what she meant by that. "Femi, I saw him," then I heard sobs coming from her. "There was a blade in his hand, he cut himself open, Femi he cut himself open. . .and he was laughing, he even licked his own. . .his own blood, for God sake he was licking his own blood femi," she said, her voice raising a little then I could here her sob more. "I love him so, so much, I don't want anything to happen to him."

"I love him more dear. . .I promise you that all will be well," the deep voice said. "I'll personally take him to the hospital tomorrow."

"Please do, I don't want my baby Chase to go Crazy."

*. *. *.

It was two in the morning and I couldn't sleep, I was in my bathtub which was filled up with water, smoking on my last stash of weeds. Memories kept playing through my head, memories that i didn't want to think about, especially the memories that had to do with her.

She was the cause of all my problems, just the mere images of her in my memories drove me crazy, the reason for me seeing a therapist was all because of her, the reason I always felt guilt was all because of her. She claimed to love me, yet she allowed me to live harbouring a large amount of guilt in me.