eight

⋆⋆⋆

⋆⋆⋆

BOOM

The sudden loud crack made Aaron's wand fly out of his hand and lose his balance.

"What in Merlin's beard have we done?" Joshua's desperate voice yelled from somewhere in the house.

Aaron decided to go check the source of the noise, and as soon as he left the lair, his nose wrinkled at the smell of something burning. The boy traveled to the living room and came upon a rather... unexpected scene.

"What the..." He begun.

Standing in the middle of the kitchen, Joshua and Athena stood, both of them wearing aprons and covered head to toe in what looked seemed to be flour. Smoke surrounded the two and both their faces held incredulous expressions.

The oldest sibling begun to shook his head, not being able to form proper words at the scene.

"We were trying to make grandma's cinnamon rolls." Athena spoke up, waving a dishcloth around to try to clear the air.

"It didn't quite go well." Joshua added.

"Really?" Aaron crossed his arms over his chest as he sarcastically asked. "And what was that noise?"

"Uhh..." The middle sibling —Joshua— pointed in the microwave's direction with his thumb.

A funny scent came out of the microwave along with a burgundy colored smog. The oldest brother didn't even bother to ask what was that, already knowing.

"Mom's going to kill you two." He started, taking a wooden espatula and reaching out with its point to touch the gooey thing resting in a ceramic platter. "She told us a bazillion times not to mix magic with cooking." He motioned to the microwave. "And I assume that is something magical, cause boy!," He turned to his siblings a disgusted expression in his face. "That stinks in a way nothing normal does."

Athena sighed and took off her apron with care, trying not to get flour everywhere (not that this would actually make their situation any better; the whole place was a mess).

"We were trying to make 'feel better' cinnamon rolls with nana's cheering potion." The girl explained. "You know, for Alex. Cinnamon rolls are her favorites." She took her wand from the counter and cleared her throat before casting a cleaning spell. A second later, the kitchen looked like it came out from a magazine.

Aaron let out a whistle as he checked his reflection in the tap and clicked his tongue. "I guess I can help you guys a little." Joshua and Athena exchanged a look, turning their attention back to their older brother.

"From this crumbling pastry, turn all of this into something tasty." He hummed while waving his wand towards their ridiculous cinnamon roll attempt. Next thing they knew, a platter of mouth-watering cinnamon rolls sat in front of them.