Chapter 24

I walk to the kitchen to grab some alcohol, I didn't have any and I'm going crazy. I'm still on the edge because of Derek. I hope he just fell asleep.

My mouth falls to the floor when I see Nicole and James making out. Wow. After what he did to me. I thought they were done.

James notices I'm staring and winks at me. This fucking idiot.

Is Louis here too?

I quickly grab the whole vodka bottle and drink from it directly, like it's water.

My throat feels on fire while my chest feels warm. If I can't get coke, I'll just drink until I pass out.

Now thinking back to what Derek said. Are they my friends?

I scrunch my face at the taste of the burning liquid on my tongue.

I rush to the bathroom, and bend down near the toilet, throwing up almost half of it.

I rinse my mouth with some water but I continue drinking from the bottle, just more slowly.

I sit on the carpet near the toilet, with my head against the wall. I feel so nauseous, the whole room is spinning and I cannot stand up.

Every breath I take feels like torture, but at the same time I can't stop, I feel like throwing up everything.

I reach the toilet again and I throw up again, feeling disgusting with myself.

I can't see anything else other than the toilet and it worries me. I drank too fucking much.

I hear some footsteps extremely close to me but I can't raise my head to check who is it.

I feel a gentle hand wrapping my hair and holding it up, while I keep throwing up.

The person hands me a glass of water, which makes me vomit again.

I'm so weary, I try to look at the person to see who is it but my eyes are slowly closing as I fall into a deep sleep.

~

I wake up in Derek's arms, holding me against his body, slowly caressing my hair which takes me by surprise but I also experience a warm fuzzy feeling inside.

It's still night and everyone is here as I can hear the loud rap music.

"You passed out for like ten minutes, you worried me so much," Derek says as he keeps caressing my face.

Oh, I drank too much in such a short time.

"Veronica, you can't drink like this, you might just end up dying." Hearing him say these words gives me a weird feeling in my heart that I cannot describe.

"I- I was mad." I try to justify my drinking but it doesn't work. I drank that vodka like water, it's not okay.

"What happened?" he asks as he helps me stand up.

"I saw Nicole kissing James, again. I really thought she was going to stop seeing him. I'm scared he will hurt her."

He clenches his jaw. "Is it bad that I want to murder that jerk?" I laugh at his statement, completely disregarding that he might be serious.