° THIRTEEN °

Bimbo walked slowly towards her classroom ignoring the stares the students sent her way. She walked into her classroom and rhe class went silent.

She grabbed her school bag and slung it over her shoulders before walking towards a girl who sat a seat before the window seat.

"Adeola, can you please exchange seats with me?" Bimbo asked as the latter nodded as she gave her a small smile.

"Get going to the hostel. By the time you are back, I'll would have switched" Adeola replied and Bimbo nodded.

"Thank you" Bimbo replied as she walked out of the class. She was getting irritated every minute with the way the students were looking at her pitifully.

Indeed she was pitiful and pathetic. She had sacrificed her everything for someone who couldn't sacrfice a thing for her. He didn't even give two damns about her.

Her steps were light as she walked towards rhe hostel. Somehow anytime she thought about the fact that Paul and Dorathy were now dating, she didn't cry. The tears wouldn't even come if she wanted them to.

She just felt pathetic and stupid. She felt like she had dragged herself in the mud for too long. It was a feeling that Bimbo had never had in her entire life. It was so weird that she felt like puking each time she thought about it.

The dormitory was noisy as Bimbo stepped inside. The girls began whispering as Bimbo sat on her bed and removed her school shoes. She wore her slippers as she walked towards a girl.

"Nifemi, I need your help?" Bimbo asked as the latter turned to her with a calm gaze.

"Can we exchange bed space?" Bimbo asked as rhe dormitory went silent.

"Sure" Nifemi replied as she walked towards her bed and started packing her things.

Bimbo also walked towards her bed and folded it since there was nothing on it. Within minutes; the both of them had exchanged bed spaces and Bimbo was now sleeping beside the wall.

A girl walked into the room and walked into Bimbo's new corner and looked surprised to see Bimbo and her things.

"Tunmise, she's your new bunkmate" someone said before Tunmise could ask any questions.

Tunmise glanced at Bimbo who seemed to be adjusting to her new corner. She sat down on the bed beside Bimbo and started removing her school shoes.

"Bimbo" she called as Bimbo turned to her.

"Are you okay?" Tunmise asked and Bimbo found herself relating Ing's words.

"I'll be" Bimbo replied as Tunmise nodded and patted her shoulders.

Bimbo glanced at Tunmise without saying anything. In a way, Tunmise was like her. She was also a popular girl on the SSS2 block.

Tunmise was one of the brilliant girls on block. She was lively and friendly. Her eagerness to help everyone that came her way drawed people to her.

Tunmise was a big girl on her own. The fact that she had her own circle and could talk and was friends with Jemimah was enough proof.

Bimbo laid on her bed and faced the wall since her bunk was now beside the wall. She couldn't seem to be able to think of anything and she just stared. Before long, her eyelashes became to flutter then she fell asleep.
°
°
°
°
°

"Damn girl, she really looked horrible" Sewa said as she crossed her legs on her bed.

"I kinda pity her" Ing said as Jemimah walked back into the dormitory.