the team

"'I have for the first time found what I can truly love–I have found you

"'I have for the first time found what I can truly love–I have found you. You are my sympathy–my better self–my good angel–I am bound to you with a strong attachment.'" You read from the page of Jane Eyre, your back against Spencer's chest, his arms wrapped around you. "'I think you good, gifted, lovely: a fervent, a solemn passion is conceived in my heart; it leans to you, draws you to my centre and spring of life, wrap my existence about you–and, kindling in pure, powerful flame, fuses you and me in one.'"

"That's beautiful," Spencer murmurs, hugging you against him.

"I like this book," you murmur. "I know we're not even at the end yet, but I like it."

"I still can't believe you've never read Jane Eyre," he mumbles, resting his chin in the crook of your neck. He places a small kiss on your jaw.

"I've never had time," you murmur, his lips travelling across your jaw. You giggle softly, closing the book and turning your head to look at him.

His hazel eyes look into yours, a small smile on his face. "Can I ask you something?"

"Hm?"

He tucks a piece of hair behind your ear, thumb brushing along your cheek. "I know we're basically already dating, but I...want you to officially be my girlfriend."

You lean your face into the palm of his hand, the smile on your face growing wider. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend."

He laughs softly, his grip tightening on your waist, leaning his head forward, lips pressing against yours. You smile into the kiss, his thumb still brushing your cheek. After a moment, he pulls back, resting his forehead on yours, a small smile still on his lips.

"Do you want to go out tonight, maybe?" He asks, his voice soft. "My team is going to a bar and I'd really like you to meet them."

You pull your head back, nodding. "I'd love to meet your team."

"They're more like my family, really." He rests his hand at the back of your neck. "And they really wanna meet you."

"You've talked to them about me?" You ask, a lazy smile tugging at your lips.

"I have," he whispers. "They won't stop bugging me about wanting to meet you."

You laugh softly. "Well, I definitely want to meet them."

You see a soft blush rise to Spencer's cheeks. "I'm so excited." He plants a soft kiss to your forehead, and you rest the back of your head against his shoulder.

"I'm nervous," you murmur. "What if they don't like me?"

"They already love you." He puts his hands over yours, lacing them together. "You make me happy. And I think they've been waiting on me to be happy for a long time."

He twiddles with your fingers, and you smile softly. "You make me happy, too, bubs."

He peppers your cheek with kisses, and you giggle, turning your head to press your lips against his. He smile into the kiss, moving his lips slowly against yours. After a moment, you pull away, and he gives a contented sigh.