Yang Xiao Long X Reader: The Green Eyed Monster

"O beware, my lord, of jealousy; It is the green-eyed monster which doth mock the meat it feeds on." -Shakespeare

(3rd POV)

(Backstory)

You and Yang have know each other since you two were kids. Because of that the two of you grew up to care about each other and became best friends. What helped lead to this development was both of you had the same type of personality type and liked to hang out with each other. This caused you to get along with Ruby and Yang's family well.

Ruby would always joke about how you and Yang would probably end up dating each other. You and Yang would always tell Ruby that you're just friends and aren't anything else. As you got older Ruby would still joke about this and while you would keep on telling Ruby there is nothing, Yang started to wish their was something.

During your early pre-teen years Yang discovered she had gained a crush on you. Since she didn't want to get rejected or get hurt she decided to ignore those feelings. This did nothing however as she continued hanging out with you her feelings only increased to the point where Yang found out she actually loved you, but decided against telling you and continued her friendship with you.

You and Yang later ended up joining Beacon and getting on the same team. The two of you made new friends, fought criminals, and survived from dying of boredom from Professor Port's stories. One day Yang decided to ask you out since she figured if she could destroy an Atlesian Paladin she could tell you how she really felt.

But she couldn't. Cause when she gathered up the courage to tell the truth she found out Velvet had started dating you. When she heard the news of you two together she ran to the nearest empty room she could find and cried. So she decided to not tell you since her chance of getting with you seem like next to nothing.

(Present Day)

In Beacon Academy's cafeteria everyone was sitting down and talking or eating. Team RWBY was sitting with Team JNPR with Ruby and Nora arguing over pancakes and cookies being better than the other. "There are multiple types of cookie flavors while pancakes only have one flavor!" Ruby said. "True, but pancakes are always fluffy while with cookies after time harden up!" Nora argued.

Everyone was watching Nora and Ruby debate over what is better except for Yang. The Blond Brawler was looking at the table Team CFVY was sitting and glaring daggers into the back of Velvet's head as she watched her sit next to you with both of you chuckling at what Coco said.

The 'Y' in Team RWBY wanted nothing more than to run up there and shove Velvet against the floor and pull you in for a kiss. Yang didn't hate Velvet to be honest, she just hated seeing you with her. Yang couldn't help herself, you just seeming to be spending more and more time with that girl it made her feel like she didn't matter to you anymore which broke her heart just thinking about it for a second.

"Hey Yang." Blake said. Yang turned towards with everyone's eyes opening wide in shock as Yang looked at them confused. "What? Why are you guys looking at me like that?" Yang asked. "N-no reason!" Jaune quickly said. "W-we were just w-wondering what food you think was better." Pyrrha said trying to keep a blank look on her face, but failed miserably and looked at Yang alarmed.

Before Yang could question why the others were looking at her that way, she then heard you and Velvet chuckling again. Yang felt her blood boiling hearing this and since she couldn't deal with it anymore she stood up and walked towards the exit unable to hear it for another second.

Once the two team members saw Yang leaved they all looked at each other. "OK, I wasn't the only one noticing Yang's eyes turn green right?" Weiss asked. "Yeah I have been noticing it happen like daily. I was wondering what to say exactly." Ruby said. "I saw her eyes turn green once, but I believed I was just imagining things so I didn't bring it up." Ren said. "Mmmph!" Someone said.