Chapter 17

WTF 5K READS!!!!! I can't even begin to tell you how thankful I am, all the kind words, votes, etc truly motivates me to continue writing for y'all. Thanks so much ❤️

No matter how hard she tried, Cassie just couldn't sleep that night. Instead, she sat up until morning sitting out on her windowsill with a cigarette between her lips. She puffed in and out as she stared blankly at the picture of her mother and father.

How is it that two people who should've been the best thing in Cassie's life turned out to be the worst? Life truly isn't fair to her.

Amelia Selwyn looked so happy in the moving picture, it was hard to believe it was all fake. On the bright side, at least Cassie still had Tonks and her parents. As far as she's concerned, they're more immediate family than Sirius and Amelia will ever be.

A knock on the door brought Cassie out of her thoughts.

"Cassie? Are you almost ready? We have to get to King's Cross early," Tonks said.

"Yeah! Just give me a minute," she replied while tossing out her cigarette.

Cassie packed the last of her things in her trunks, making sure to not forget to bring what she took of Regulus'. She wasn't sure what everything meant in Regulus' journal, but from what she read, he knew something important and she was determined to find out what it was.

Cassie was known to the school for her grunge-like outfits, not bothering to follow the dress code. Knowing this, it wasn't much of a surprise to see her waltz out of her room in black, ripped mom jeans, a low-cut crop top, and black boots.

Remus sighed, "Do you really need to wear that?"

"It's called style, Remus," she said rolling her eyes while sliding on a few of her chunky rings.

"Girls are so confusing," he said under his breath causing a chuckle to erupt from Tonks.

It took them twenty minutes to reach King's Cross by foot and in the meantime Remus decided to bombard Cassie with warnings about her mother.

Cassie groaned, "I get it, Remus! I'll be safe."

"I know, I know I'm done now, I'm just worried! You have enough on your plate with becoming an Order member, and now you have to deal with your death eater mother so I'm just looking out for you," he sighed

"She'll be fine, she's about to be at Hogwarts, safest place she can be," Tonks reassured him causing him to nod in understanding.

Once inside the station, the three of them made their way over the bridge toward the platforms. They were chatting happily when they noticed Moody standing in front of a private room. Cassie was about to wave when a great black dog pranced out alongside Harry.

Cassie instantly stopped in her tracks as the dog she knew to be her father locked eyes with her a couple dozen feet away. Remus and Tonks turned confused to ask what happened until they saw the big dog. Tonks placed a comforting hand on her shoulder as she maintained eye contact.

Sirius hadn't seen his daughter in over a month. He saw her new hairstyle, shockingly resembling her mother. He knew what he had to do, it's the main reason why he came to the station, but at this moment he was hesitating nervously.

Cassie was the first to break eye contact, starting to walk away from her father once again. Much to her surprise, as she dragged her feet following Remus and Tonks toward platform 9 3/4, a soft whine could be heard behind her. She turned around to be faced with her father, whining sadly, with an envelope between his mouth.