Chapter Ninety Seven

"wake up" I whispered, shaking Fred lightly.
"Wha- go back to sleep" he groaned, rolling over so his upper body pinned my legs down.
"It's Lee's birthday. Get up"
I wiggled out from under him, tiptoeing over to George's bed and shaking him awake too.
"Shhhh go 'way" he frowned, whacking my hand away, "I sleep"
"It's Lee's birthday" I sang quietly, grinning as he shot upwards, getting out of bed immediately and running over to pull Fred out of his cocoon.
"We need to go make the cake!" He cried, dragging a disgruntled Fred across the room.
"Cake for breakfast is a bit much dont you think?" I said, "why not pancakes"
"Perfect. Fred, off we go"
I followed them as they crept down the hallway, Fred flopping on to a chair as soon we we entered the kitchen.
"It's too early to even breathe" he groaned, burying his face in his arms, "Don't wanna cook"
"Well then just... sit there and look pretty" I laughed, moving to the cupboards and starting to pull out all of the needed ingredients, "George you find the bowls"
"Easy. Accio" he grinned, placing the bowls on the kitchen counter, "Now I was thinking we could just do normal old pancakes, or we could make an entire spread with toppings choices and sauces and -"
"Absolutely not"
"Why?"
I sighed, slamming down a bag of flour, "because I will be the one cooking everything while you have fun chopping up the strawberries!"
"Not at all! Fred and I will help, right?" George looked over to the still dozy Fred, kicking him gently in the shin. Receiving a half-hearted thumbs up, George turned to me with a smile, "See?"

 Receiving a half-hearted thumbs up, George turned to me with a smile, "See?"

"This is going to go so wrong"

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!"
"Mother of-" Lee jolted awake, rubbing his eyes blearily, "wh-"
"We made you breakfast in bed" George grinned, sitting on the bed next to him, "Come on, I'm starving"
Lee groaned, sitting up and leaning heavily against George's side, "gimme kiss first"
Fred fake gagged beside me as the two kissed, while I smiled at their new openness. Elbowing his side, I gave him a teasing look, "it's nice that they're finally doing this stuff. Besides they've had to put up with us, I'm sure we can handle them"
"Stop making sense" Fred mock-frowned, placing his hands on my waist and pressing a kiss to my forehead, before leaning around my body to steal a strawberry from the tray.
"No stealing from the birthday boy" George yelled, slapping Fred's hand away.
"How did you even - you were - you know what, never mind"
"That's what I thought. Now, Lee, you can try the spread we made for you" I coughed pointedly, but was waved off by George who continued enthusiastically, "After we eat, the birthday celebrations shall begin!"
"You have stuff planned?" Lee asked, still looking slightly dazed.
"Of course we do! This is your 17th! We've gotta give you the best birthday you can get, y'know, in here"
"George planned the shit out of today" Fred added, "he's been going nuts about it all last week"
"Huh, I thought he was acting pretty normal"
"Emily!"
"I'm kidding! Don't you dare throw that banana at me you cretin!"

"Okay, now that you've finished-"
"BOYS!"
Molly's yell seemed to bounce up the staircase, echoing loudly around our room.
"Shit. She found the kitchen" Fred whispered, running his hand through his hair nervously, "I told you we should've tried scourgify"
"We did! It only cleaned up a little bit of it" I replied, eyes glued to the door in fear.
George curled up behind Lee, using him as a body shield between him and the door, "Oh, sweet Merlin, we're all gonna die"
"FRED AND GEORGE YOU OPEN THIS DOOR RIGHT NOW. YOU TOO EMILY"
Fred moved as if he'd been hit with a curse, opening it.
Molly stepped in through the doorway with barely restrained anger, her posture softening for a moment as she turned to Lee, "Happy birthday, my dear. I hope you're having a nice morning"
"Oh, yeah thank you. I'm actually just eating this really good breakfa..." he trailed off as he realised the cause for Molly's anger, "oh"
"Oh indeed" she then turned back to us, angry face returning, "YOU THREE WILL SCRUB THAT ROOM FLOOR TO CEILING. I WANT IT IN BETTER CONDITION THAN WHEN YOU ASSAULTED IT THIS MORNING. How does egg even get on the CEILING?"