25| Hurt

Reader's POV

"He's innocent sir! I swear to God, Sirius Black is innocent!" I explained. "And it was Pettigrew, he's alive! He's out there too!"

And at this, Professor Dumbledore paraded past me and twisted the door open that collided close behind me.

"Go wake Poppy, she should be sleeping in her office by this hour. See to Mr. Weasley." Professor Dumbledore said calmly.

I nodded in response, it would be better I would not argue with him.

As much as I wanted to follow him and race out there back to Harry, Hermione, and Professor Moony and Sirius, I could not.

"Sir-" I said briskly, the word escaping from my mouth before I could even manage to keep it inside. Worry and concern was stewing inside me as my hands wre trembling with anxiety.

What was I even supposed to say?

But to my surprise, Professor Dumbledore abruptly stopped in his race down the steps, looking back at me as his sparkling blue eyes met mine.

"Don't worry," he said, with a soft and gentle voice. "Lupin will be alright."

And with that, he was gone.

I just stood there and stared at the empty doorway, faltering as to how to feel but I suddenly felt the relief collide with me like a large wave hitting me. I relaxed in my poise as my fists were stretching out.

Professor Dumbledore's words appeared honest and I tried my best not to dwell on the fact he knew what words were sputtering out of my mouth — what I was gonna ask him.

The fear that Professor Moony would be hurt to protect Harry and Hermione because he forgot to take his potion and would be called dangerous and soulless horrified me just as I passed the gargoyle and climbed the ivory steps to Professor Dumbledore's office.

"Madam Pomfrey." I said under my breath, gripping my wand in my hand tighter.

My wand, which heard my thoughts, lit up at its tip and piloted me with its familiar blue light back to the Hospital Wing. My footsteps were making a loud snapping noise as I quickly ran through the empty corridors.

No signs of prefects patrolling.

Ron was right where I had left him minutes ago. Except that his eyes were now shut tight. I felt a jolt of worry lingering through my nerves I pressed my trembling fingers under his jaw and then awkwardly drew away once I heard his pulse.

Thank the good Lord he was still alive.

That was my best friend, of course I was so concerned. He's like a brother to me.

Although just gazing upon Ron's pale face in the shimmering moonlight made me feel so uneasy. I wrenched Madam Pomfrey's door open and seeing her empty study, I looked around in confusion until at last, I saw a second door.

Knocking on the door loudly and rapidly seemed rude, but if I kncoked on the door gently, she might not wake up. After a second knocking, the door was finally pulled open and Madam Pomfrey looked at me, her eyes blinking in the darkness.