If You Were Blind

REQUESTED BY: Butterfl3

A/N: Also, guys, please note: As I've stated in the summary of the book (I moved it up so that it's more visible) and in other chapters, I am not doing any more characters besides these 15. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but I need to make it clear so that I can stop getting questions.

Little backstory for Reader in this one: Blind from birth, she was introduced to Gyomei and Uzui by one of her instructors when she passed the Selection at age 13, and they helped train her up (for the kiddos, she's 16, for everyone else, she's 21). For Yoriichi's, she trained herself up to be the first Breath of Sound user.

--

Tanjiro:

When you first met, he was traveling through your village and you joined him. You were still a new slayer and you felt more comfortable traveling with others rather than going alone. He's very considerate of your abilities and tries his best to help you when he can. He sometimes worries about you getting into battle, but you've proven yourself more than skilled.

Nezuko:

She likes to be at your side to help you, and even when you've got it handled she stays there just to cling to you. When you first met, she saved you from getting hit from a demon and you treated her just like you would a human. Your hands were gentle and soft when you touched her face to gauge what she looked like, and just from that first touch she was hooked.

Zenitsu:

Zenitsu thought you were beautiful even from behind when you first met, but when you turned around in the direction of him shouting he was struck by the sight of your pearly eyes. He immediately went up to you, asking if you needed assistance, and you both ended up traveling together before running into Tanjiro and the others. He's very attentive; if you need help doing something, you just need to call for him and he's right there.

Inosuke:

When you first met, you'd been bowled over by Inosuke, even with Zenitsu shrieking at him to stop. He was triumphantly laughing at first, but when you looked up in his direction in confusion, he wondered at your cloudy eyes. You had to explain that you couldn't see him, and even then he treated you like the boys, demanding you to fight him. After a while he mellowed out and now takes personal offense if others treat you like you're more fragile than the others.

Giyuu:

At first, Giyuu kept a healthy distance from you. You thought he was haughty in your first few interactions, given he kept trying to usher you to the side in battle so that you wouldn't 'get hurt'. Once he saw you fighting, however, he realized your strength and began treating you better. He apologized for his actions and, well, the rest is history. Now even though he's protective of you, he's confident in your abilities and is proud of the fighter you've become.

Kyojuro:

Kyojuro had bore witness to Uzui singing your praises even before you met, the man calling you his best pupil. He had high esteem for you, and when he actually met you, you met all of his expectations and more. You were powerful, beautiful, and sweet -- and with some of Uzui's snark to boot. You both became fast friends.

Muichiro:

Muichiro didn't have a high opinion of you when you met. He was still aloof and figured a blind girl to be a liability, even if you'd been personally trained by two pillars. You were still a low-enough rank that he didn't want to risk going into battle with you if you became a liability. But when you actually battled with him, he had to recognize your skill. After the incident with Upper Moons 4 and 5, he became friendlier to you.

Shinobu:

Shinobu had high hopes for you when you met, although unfortunately the first time you met was when you had to be rushed to the Butterfly Estate for injuries following an acid demon's attack. When you woke up, though, she was charmed by how polite and friendly you were. Her opinion of you only grew higher when you actually got into battle alongside her, and she got to see your skills in person.

Gyomei:

Having spent some time mentoring you before handing you off to Uzui when you were 15 to finish your training, Gyomei has cared for you for a while now. You grew on him quickly, so determined to excel where others had failed. He honestly found you inspiring. Now that you were a young woman of 21, you found yourself teaming up with him more and more. Every time he did battle alongside you, he found himself stricken by how powerful you had become. The two of you are very close.

Sanemi:

At first, Sanemi brushed you off rudely. He considered you a severe liability, even though you'd been trained by Uzui himself. You took offense to this, of course, and both of you got into a shouting match, you defending your teacher and Sanemi insulting your ability. You eventually sparred with him, and he got to see your skills firsthand -- you whooped his ass in front of your teacher. Uzui praised you lavishly while Gyomei looked you over, and Sanemi had to reluctantly admit that he was impressed. Your relationship improved from there, thankfully.

Akaza:

At first, Akaza found himself cautious around you. You were blind, and a slayer? What on earth were you thinking? But then the more time he spent with you, the more in love he fell. You didn't look at him (well, you couldn't see, but hey) with disgust or fear like most did, but you looked in his direction in sheer awe. He soon found himself craving your presence, and not just because you'd been trained by one of the strongest pillars alive and it honestly made his heart do a flip to know that you could probably beat his ass if you tried. You were always gentle with him, something that reminded him of Koyuki and served to make him want to protect you all the more.

Douma:

Douma was intrigued by you when he first met you. You were on an undercover mission to his compound, and your pale eyes were what caught his attention first. You had a sweet smile, but you smelled like a slayer -- he found himself less keen on eating you the more time you spent with him. You were ridiculously strong, too. The one time he picked a play-fight with you, you held your own for an impressively long time. The day you cut a line across his neck with your blade using your Sound Breath, he felt love for the first time.

Kokushibo:

When you first met, you had taken Uzui's mantle as the Sound Pillar after his retirement and were on a mission with Gyomei. You heard his heart beating from across the forest floor and turned to stare in his direction, pale eyes meeting gold for a moment, before you looked away. He tailed you both, impressed with your skills when he witnessed you fighting a demon. He properly met you later that night, while Gyomei was sleeping and you were keeping watch. You had no fear as you introduced yourself, and your attitude intrigued him enough to spare you, promising to gauge your skills in the future.

Muzan:

You accidentally bumped into him in the city. You apologized, and he quickly charmed you with his suave nature. He helped you get back to your hotel room, though he caught sight of your katana strapped to your side and realized what you were. He was intrigued enough with the prospect to watch your progress from afar, and before he knew it, he was actually meeting you in person. He was surprised that you'd chosen your profession, but your skillset shone. Before long, he found himself catching feelings for you, something that surprised even him.

Yoriichi:

Yoriichi met you when he was saving you from a mudslide on a mountain path. You thanked him profusely and asked to go with him, as you hated traveling alone. He accepted, and the two of you set off together. You quickly impressed him with your skillset and he found himself pulled to you. Before long, he returned your deep feelings.