SEASON 2 ♔ Prologue

9th Year of Alexander's Reign
19th day of the 5th Month
7th hour of the Twin Moons

It is believed that once a person dies, the God of Death Erythros will take the soul to the Sea of No End in the realm of gods. There, the soul's sins are judged and cleansed, memories erased, and be reborn.

That is, if a person died.

But the woman thought to have been dead for almost a decade, was now walking towards the throne, and very much alive.

The nobles excluded from the emperor's purging years ago, whispered among themselves, but the shocked expressions were like screams echoing in the grand hall.

Almost ten years since then, but no one could forget the face of the emperor's ex-fiancee. The face who was painted and spread far and wide in the emperor's search earlier in his reign, the face rumored to fill the treasure room with her paintings, she was known as heart of the tyrant monarch.

Was.

And now, the once dead Diana of Alcotta is marching, her steps buried in the soft red carpet. She was not swallowed by the sea along with Hudithe II as the people believed. The woman led a line of servants, silk, pearls, and jewels, as gifts from the Empire of Levich.

The whore became the right hand of the Levichian emperor. The ex-fiancee became a potential enemy of war.

Her red gown dragged behind her, like shedding petals of roses, yet as flowy as water. Her face was as peaceful as the calm before the storm.

She stopped, a few feet from the stairs leading to the throne.

Only then, she looked up to the man who seemed to never age, except the fierce glint in his eyes, sharper and colder than she had seen him. And then shock. Disbelief. Fear. Longing.

As Xander slowly rose from his throne with all the emotions on his face, she curtsied as elegantly as any princess, yet, her back was straight and proud as any king. Slowly, she bent her knee as the rest of her followers did.

 Slowly, she bent her knee as the rest of her followers did

"Greetings to the Sky of Gran Dacchia, Emperor Alexander."

Hello. Diana of Alcotta is officially back.

I could not decide on a fixed schedule of updates for now because I'll be swamped in the coming days due to a surge of things to do irl.
However, I'll do my best to bring you a great story. I only wish two things in exchange:
• Please be active. I read your comments and try to reply as much as possible.
•Recommend my stories to your friends. It would really help a lot.

Thank you.

~Ellena Odde ❤