35 ♛ Dead Flowers and Butterflies

Kraken:
a legendary sea monster mostly in the shape of a giant octopus/squid believed to have sunk ships in the old ages.

Photos are not mine. Tho I wanted to credit the artist, I could not find credible sources for the actual creators. I was afraid I might credit the wrong artist.

 I was afraid I might credit the wrong artist

Levich's emblem is a Kraken. Their symbol somehow looks like this. Again, the photos are not mine. Thank you.

 Thank you

Two months later.

The long line of carriages paraded from the port to the imperial palace. Although it was an everyday occurrence for the citizens, especially that envoys, nobles, and diplomats arrive like rain in the capital for the emperor's feast, the citizens were especially curious about the current spectacle.

It had something to do with the carriages' emblem—a head of a Kraken, a sea monster believed to have existed a long time ago and ruled the seas. Only one owned such ominous symbol, the maritime empire of Levich, which was also known for housing one of the most numbers of magicians and appointing women in official posts.

Most of all, the small island empire of Levich had just recently yet still strictly opened its borders, mainly with the Norvillon Dukedom. And finally, this elusive empire sent an envoy to Gran Dacchia.

Questions of diplomacy and broader trade buzzed among the people. They were also awed how such ten or so magnificent carriages fit the ship. But then again, Levich is known to be the ruler of the sea with its naval prowess.

One particular carriage stood out of all, inlined second to the carriage filled with Levichian officials. It was planked with Gran Dacchian knights who welcomed and escorted them from the port. Marching along them were Levich empire's warriors as well.

This carriage, larger and intimidating, bore no jewels, silk, nor other gifts like the other wagons, but this carriage housed the Levich Empire's trusted aides.