38 ♔ Tea of Two

I couldn't draw an extended version of the map for now. So, if you read something about Hanasubus, it's circled in the pic just for you to have an idea where it is. I'll draw it in the future, when it is more relevant to the series (and it will). Thank you.

~Ellena Odde

The second day of Xander's weeklong coronation festival also commenced the official negotiation about the opening of direct sea routes to the Levich Empire.

Diana as the envoy, Fedimon as support, and a few more Levichian officials, met with the Minister of Trade, head of Maritime Customs, and Ysivan as Gran Dacchia's prime minister.

Between two empires that rarely interacted to never, the matter was handled delicately.

With factors at hand, open trade and travel between controversial empires mean many things.

Gran Dacchia is an emerging power, while Levich, after years of seclusion, opened its borders. Although The duchy of Norvillon did it first, Gran Dacchia is of a larger scale.

Both emperors are interesting—Xander as a madman. And Levich's mysterious leader known as 'Sid,' stated the main reasons for opening its borders in the signed documents.

Liquor. Simply, the emperor stated that he wanted to taste the Gran Dacchian liquor. It was Diana and Fedimon who wrote the rest, to polish Sid's image, who doesn't seem to mind that the world thought of her only as a drunkard.

Tho, only until that. No one would initially think the emperor of maritime advancement and housed the world's mages to be a fool—a drunkard, but maybe not a simple one.

Will it blossom to economic benefits between empires? Will it dwindle to war? With Norvillon trading with Levich first, what would change with Gran Dacchia's entry?

There were also other parties involved.

"The Hunasubus Alliance, was it?" Ysivan said after major topics were already discussed. The discussion led to last night's assault on Diana.

The imprisoned maid who attacked her was found dead an hour before midnight last night. But they were able to get to the bottom of things and point the culprit.

Diana would have questioned the efficiency, but three of their people joined the investigation for transparency.

"Hanasubus..." Fedimon mumbled beside her.