Chapter Sixteen: Recovery

Maybe if I don't cry
I won't feel anymore
Stone cold - Demi Lovato

Daniel's Pov

It's been 6 months. Today we decided to turn off the life support. The doctor said that it's unlikely she will ever wake up. I just prayed that she would wake up.
I allow myself to cry, for the first time since I left Lola all those years ago I let myself cry. I feel broken, I didn't proect my sister.

After what feels like hours my bedroom door smashes open.

"She's awake!" April screams at me, joy covered in her voice and eyes, her eyes blood shot from crying tears of sadness or joy or maybe both.

"She's awake?" I whisper. April nods and I jump off my bed, I grab April's hand and drag her down the stairs to my car where I speed towards the hospital that is onky a couple of minutes drive from my house.

We get to the hospital and I storm my way to my sisters room where she has resided for the last six months.

Lola's Pov

There's a bright light. My body is filled with pain, inbetween my legs hurt the most. The memories of what happened cloud my mind and I whimper. I slowly open my eyes. I'm in a white room in a hospital gown. The room is bright making me want to close my eyes again. There is the beeping of a heart monitor next to me. 

"Lola?" A voice I vaguely recognised as Ace said from next to me?

"Ace?" I whisper, my voice croaking from my words. Ace gets me a glass of water before rushing to get a doctor. There is a pounding in my head, everywhere hurts.

"Ah Miss White, I see you are awake." An unformilla man says, I cower away and look around for Daniel or Ace or James or anyone to protect me.

"Don't hurt me." I whimper. "Please don't hurt me."

"I'm not going to hurt you love."

Flashback

"Ahh your not fighting. Your such a good girl love." Johnson spoke. I fight back the tears as his hands roam all over my body.

End flashback

"Hey its okay Baby Bear I'm here now." I hear Daniel say. I wrap my arms around him, clinging to him like a spider monkey.

"Don't leave me I'm sorry I'm so sorry." I whisper. Daniel gently strokes my hair and whispers calming things in my ear until I drift back into a dreamless sleep.

3 weeks later

I'm getting discharged from the hospital today. Daniel hasn't left my side, any time he has he has been replaced by either Ace, Lex or James. Me and April have been getting closer recently. I think she's a really cool girl.

"You ready sis?" Daniel asked, I had just been getting changed, my legs are still weak but I could just about manage to shower and change by myself.
I just nod, I barely talk once again, every time I try Andrew's words fly into my head, stopping me before any sound comes out of my mouth.

**********

I get to Daniel's house which he shares with Ace and go to the room they gave me. They demanded I stay with them so they can keep an eye on me, they also moved all my cars and bikes here which I'm greatful for.

I lay on the bed and let myself cry. All my body is filled with pain, dispite the meds they doctor gave me I still feel it all.

It's around 10 at night and I'm almost 100% sure that nobody is home. I allow myself to cry out loud before pulling myself together. I push down the pain and wipe the tears refusing to allow myself to cry. Hoping to stop feeling the pain that aches inside my chest.

"I'm here." I hear Ace say from the door.
I hear his footsteps trail across the floor and the bed dip next to me.
"I'm here." He repeats, wrapping his arms around me, I turn around and snuggle into him, tears silently falling down my face once again.