eighteen

"I hope you all enjoy your Christmas, whether you are headed home in a few moments or you're staying at the school. We'll see you in two weeks if you're headed home today." Dumbledore finally finishes his long speech that he does every year before the break.

"Theo, have fun babysitting those two so they don't kill each other for two weeks." Crabbe jokes.

"Thanks, i'm going to need it." Theo says to Crabbe as him and Goyel begin walking away.

The five of us start making our way to the trains. Apparently because Pansy and Blaise are fucking, she's joining us today. I bet that's her way of staying relevant. Either way, I'm glad that for two weeks, she won't be around.

We're at the luggage compartment where everyone is throwing their bags and then running off to find somewhere to sit with their friends. Blaise throws his in first, followed by Pansy and Theo. Malfoy was next. He grabs his stuff and throws it in. I was about to grab mine and do the same but I was stopped by him grabbing my bag and throwing it in the compartment without even hesitating.

"Where was my help?" Blaise jokes and then Malfoy realizes what he did.

"I'm trying to be nice you fuck head. I have to spend two weeks with her. Don't want it to be torture." He says and starts heading to the front of the train.

"Fucking weird." Theo says to me as we follow him. I nod in agreement. Weird...

We got inside the train finally. All of the first years going home are racing around the train trying to find their friends, but mostly they're just getting in the way. Once we finally got in the train and away from all of the children, we were stopped by someone calling my name. I knew exactly who it was the second I heard them. I stop and turn around, immediately Malfoy and Theo were at either side of me. As if I can't handle this on my own.

"I'll go find us a spot to sit." Blaise says as him and Pansy walk away.

"What are you doing on the train, Maya? I thought you'd rather stay at school then go to the Dursley's." Harry says as him, Hermione, Ron and the twins come over to Malfoy, Theo and I.

"No way am I letting my best friend spend Christmas by herself." Theo says before I could get anything out.

"You're going to Theo's?" Fred asks.

"Mhm... spending the break with the boys." I say. I know me saying that will piss off Harry and judging by the look on his face, it worked.

"Maya.. I warned you about Malfoy.." Harry says which causes Malfoy to tense up beside me.

"And? What, I'm supposed to trust you now?" I snap.

"He's right... Malfoy is not someone you should be hanging around." Hermione adds.

"Who asked for your opinion, you filthy little mudblo-"

"Draco." I say, causing him to turn his attention to me. We look each other in the eyes for a moment and then he nods and I turn back to Harry.

"...fucking weird." I hear Theo mumble beside me.

"You could always come to our house and spend the break with us." Fred adds. "You know you're always welcome there."

"It's a nice offer Fred... but i'm excited to go to T's. Plus it might be kind of weird if i'm there." I say and politely smile. Theo and George laugh.

"Maya, that was forever ago. I promise it won't be awkward." Fred assures me.

"What was forever ago?" Malfoy jumps in.

"I'll explain later." I say to him. "Thank you Fred. It means a lot that after everything you'd still invite me over but... i've been looking forward to spending the break with these two... I can't ditch them. Plus I don't think Harry wants me there. He didn't invite me."